Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wrecked my truck so I had to get a new bumper cover. Decided to try and fab my own lower bumper. Still up in the air if i want a winch or not, hmm?
I ended up making some grill inserts
for my buddy and my truck. Now to wire it up and find time to make that bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Looks Awesome! Good work!

·
Super Moderator
19,979 Posts
I would be concerned about ram air flow to the AC condenser and radiator. That insert seems to block quite a bit of air flow by the looks of it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looking good! I'm digging the design.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be concerned about ram air flow to the AC condenser and radiator. That insert seems to block quite a bit of air flow by the looks of it.
Living in south Florida were even the mosquitos complain of ball sweat I can tell you that temps Dont go up even in dead traffic. A lot comes from the lower cut out in the bumper.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wrecked my truck so I had to get a new bumper cover. Decided to try and fab my own lower bumper. Still up in the air if i want a winch or not, hmm?
I ended up making some grill inserts
for my buddy and my truck. Now to wire it up and find time to make that bumper.

Wow you should fab that up and sell it! I would be interested. How much did it cost you or are you willing to do a write up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
These look sick! Can you do a honeycomb design?

How much are you selling these for?

And what is the chrome portion of the grill painted with in that last photo?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man. It's $300 for the set and it includes the light.. Notb sure if I can do honeycomb. those small mesh are stamped out usually. I can try and see what i can do for you.

Oh yeah, bedliner! Rustoleum bed liner from home sepot. I use that on everything, works great as a primer too. $7

tim
These look sick! Can you do a honeycomb design?

How much are you selling these for?

And what is the chrome portion of the grill painted with in that last photo?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
What I want to know is how your truck changed colors after wrecking a bumper. LOL ::wink::

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have an idea I've been toying with. It's based on what I've seen on the front grille of many Tacos, which looks pretty nice. Its a blacked out grille that could have "Nissan" cut out on an insert, and mounted in the center panel on a mesh or expanded metal grid. The inserts would have a border covering the edge of the mesh, and there would be bolts or rivets mounted all around. I know I could make the grid myself, but the border might be challenging without the tools you have at your disposal. And the "Nissan" logo in the middle would be pretty much impossible to do by hand. I photoshopped a mockup of what it looks like if this interests you...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I started experimenting with mesh. I did this lastnight hence the poor pic in my room. Its a mesh with a 40watt LED bar and some driving lights (4 led).

I like the tacoma look with the name on it. I was considering what you mentioned, i just need to get the mesh right and maybe ill make one like you mentioned with a removable nissan name

I have an idea I've been toying with. It's based on what I've seen on the front grille of many Tacos, which looks pretty nice. Its a blacked out grille that could have "Nissan" cut out on an insert, and mounted in the center panel on a mesh or expanded metal grid. The inserts would have a border covering the edge of the mesh, and there would be bolts or rivets mounted all around. I know I could make the grid myself, but the border might be challenging without the tools you have at your disposal. And the "Nissan" logo in the middle would be pretty much impossible to do by hand. I photoshopped a mockup of what it looks like if this interests you...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts