Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was driving out to a little mud hole by my house and passed this commercial big rig weld shop and saw a sign that caught my eye about custom fab work... I stopped in and found that they were slow on the big rock crusher builds so they were picking up the slack with little stuff.
I had him quote me on some sliders and he said that he will build these

for $200 painted and installed... He also said that he would do any varriation of slider that I really wanted for that price... These are made out of a 2x4 steel tube that is gusseted and angled in front and rear(as to not snag on things) and then hooked to tube to protect the body.. I can get any angles I would like too... If you Oregonian need some bad a$$ sliders, this place is willing to make deals!
Its called CEC Construction Equipment Co. You want to talk to Wade [email protected] 503-692-9000
BTW here is his front bumper.... Im going to have him eventually make me front and rear bumpers...

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Thats a great deal on the sliders. I would have them add an extra piece from the top bar to the bottom one so it have a nice smooth look and it will help the sliders blend in to the truck a bit more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is a great find and a great price!! I would totally do that. I just wish they were a little closer to where I live. That is an awesome add and a very reasonable price. Great find!!:goodjob:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Great price man!

Thought you wanted a CC? Once you get your CC go visit him! For $200, can't really beat that though. Good find!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.. I do want a CC.. But its going to be a while before that happens.... I need sliders now because i keep having "close calls" and would hate for my luck to change..

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
you need to add a transition piece in the front with out it you will snag that on something possibly causing major damage

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
those sliders dont look too bad. good deal. XEs unite baby!

·
Registered
155 Posts
$200 is a killer price, hell the steel alone for mine cost $200. What is the wall thickness, you want 1/8" (.120) as a minimum.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
im with irongrave, smooth out the transition

1 - 9 of 9 Posts