Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On FaceBook a fellow was having trouble installing an EZ Down on his Navaro and was looking for some help. I thought that would be a neat addition to my truck. BUT - I did a bunch of searching and found two companies here in the US that make something similar - Dee Zee & Hopkins and neither of them make a model for the Frontier. Has anyone ever found one that will fit our Frontiers?

Here is a link to the item I am referring to:

https://www.deezee.com/product/truck-tailgate-assist/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To answer my own question after more research, there is one available. The table of which vehicles it fits stops at 2015. However the 2015, 2016, and the 2017 all have the same tailgate arrangement, so it really will fit. The item is: the Sachs SG325900 EZ Lift Support available from Amazon and a bunch of other places. I'm ordering mine off EBay which has the lowest price delivered.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There are lots of threads on this forum that discuss the Sachs product. Please be forewarned that some of us have experienced product failure, because the gas spring is a bit too short. The result is that the shaft fractures. It's a great product when it works, not so much when it fails.

Vic

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Have had mine in going on over 3 years now with no issues from this ebay seller. It does specify in the description it doesn't work on the Navara (not sure why). I have noticed the load is softening a bit but still not enough to replace - since they are so cheap pick up two or three sets and should be good for 10 years. While you are at it, pick up a few pairs of hood struts too - they work great also going on 3 years now too.

Here's another thread noting the retaining clip is an issue on the tailgate strut - just need to put a small zip tie around it to keep it in place preventing it from popping off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have had mine in going on over 3 years now with no issues from this ebay seller. It does specify in the description it doesn't work on the Navara (not sure why). I have noticed the load is softening a bit but still not enough to replace - since they are so cheap pick up two or three sets and should be good for 10 years. While you are at it, pick up a few pairs of hood struts too - they work great also going on 3 years now too.

Here's another thread noting the retaining clip is an issue on the tailgate strut - just need to put a small zip tie around it to keep it in place preventing it from popping off.
I bought these same struts and they're working great on my '17. The OEM straps stop the gate before the struts are fully extended.

Ditto on the hood struts from Offroad Gorilla. The hoods opens a few inches farther, and the OEM prop rod is removed which makes access to the dipstick a lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts