Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in contact with Extrude Hone about processing my injectors for a 30% increase in flow. They are getting back to me with a ballpark figure for the processing and a turn around time next week.

Can't wait to find out this information so we can get a reliable set of larger injectors even if its a send out the ones you have kinda thing. Will keep you all up to date with the info i get!

for more info see the site here Diesel Fuel Nozzles - Extrude Hone Powerflow

Nikko - thank you for the opportunity to review your diesel application. I believe we can provide you a ball park price based on the photo you attached.
Can you give me your Company Name, address and phone number for my file.

Dave & Jim - can you provide Nikko a price and turn around time for the 4 injectors pictured on the attachment.
Can we check the pre flow rate and target the 30% gain and match the 30% increase to all injectors?

Jim Bower - do you require the injectors to come prepared in a certain way? If so, can you advise Nikko what that is.

Regards

Jim Casteen
Regional Sales Manager

·
Registered
509 Posts
do they test and code each injector so you know what code to give the ECU ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, they would just do a static increase in flow. I realize you have to program the injectors to the ecu if you are changing out the injectors to ones which did not come with your vehicle. However if i send off the same ones i am using i wont have to reprogram the ecu.

I am sure you understand by your previous posts but for those who may not if out fuel injectors flow (numbers are theoretical) 120cc @ 15k psi pressure with a 30% increase they would flow 156cc @ 15k psi.

The basic idea is that you get the benefits of the CR chips (rail pressure increase therefore increasing fuel injector flow) without added stress to the injectors or the limp mode etc.

It is common practice with the big diesel guys in the states.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i have my doubts that they can get each one to flow the extra amount exactly.
afaik thats the point of having them marked, so you can program the ecu and it will fire each injector differently to make up for the differences.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i guess i will see then! They seem to be able to do the processing with a great degree of accuracy

Once everything is worked out i will post up etc

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can't beat this deal!

End of Feb i think i will get this done. Have to line up transport for 2 weeks :)

Nikko - I heard back from the group in Irwin. Here is the breakdown:

Price - $37.00 Each for the 30% gain, matched +/1 1% on each injector

Injectors must come to us disassembled. We only need the tip and pins. These tips and pins must come together in there own separate bags. They seats on the pins are matched to the tip and injector. That is why they must be in the same bag and you need to also keep this information on which came from which for the assembly.

Delivery is about 5 - 7 working days from receipt. If you want to send them in, let me know a head of time.

·
Registered
572 Posts
this would be a good mod to do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts