Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a used bed cap for my pro 4x. It fits nicely except that it is made for a regular tailgate cap. My truck has a tailgate cap with a spoiler. Most people as well as the manufacturer tells me to change to a regular cap.
Apart from the fact that it seems like a rather delicate job I kinda like the spoiler with the tonneau cover that I also have. Does anyone have an idea other than replacing the tailgate cap.
I've posted pictures, the last one is where I would attempt to cut and the fit a new seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just go ahead and replace it. It's fairly soft plastic and scrapes up easily, sticking out like that it
will also have trouble shedding water at the interface.

I believe Wade makes one you can get for $35-$40.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just go ahead and replace it. It's fairly soft plastic and scrapes up easily, sticking out like that it
will also have trouble shedding water at the interface.

I believe Wade makes one you can get for $35-$40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks LittleBull. Is the one for Wade standard for all second generation Frontier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you ever find anything satisfactory for a replacement? I actually don't like the little spoiler and would rather have a regular tailgate cap.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Thanks for this post. Just got a 2016 fronty and put a 2011 cap and same issue. I wasn't sure if the tailgate cover snapped on or was just on with double sided tape.

Before I buy one, wondering if anyone can confirm that the 2005-2014 tailgate cap will fit on a 2015+? I'm assuming it would but you never know...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for this post. Just got a 2016 fronty and put a 2011 cap and same issue. I wasn't sure if the tailgate cover snapped on or was just on with double sided tape.

Before I buy one, wondering if anyone can confirm that the 2005-2014 tailgate cap will fit on a 2015+? I'm assuming it would but you never know...
Paroosing the rest of the forums found the answer located here:
https://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/removal-tailgate-top-plastic-trim-2018-a-345306/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts