Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'll be picking up my new Frontier on Thursday and we're considering getting an extended warranty for it.

I got a quote for 7years/100k miles from:
- CarsDirect for about $1500 (if I understood correctly) 0%APR for 18 months.
- Nissan Extended Warranty one time payment for $1565 (the website gave me over $2600, than a lady called and gave me $1565 when I mentioned the offer from CarsDirect - what a ripp-off :wtf: )
- Purchase Nissan Security+Plus Extended Warranty Coverage Online - Authorized Nissan Dealer for $1379 looks like 0%APR for 17 months

Where do you guys buy your extended warranty?

We're planning to drive this truck for at least 7 years and still thinking if it's worth since car in 5th year of production shoul dhave most of the issues sorted out.

Thanks,
Suter

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I know nothing about those other companies running extened warienties, but I went to the dealer and purchased mine. I dont know if its dealer specific, but I got mine when I was a few hundred kilometers out of factory warrenty and they had no problem doing that for me. I say if your gonna do alot of driving then you may want to consiser it, it has benifited me over the years and I'm soon up. I've got some 160,000 kilometer warrenty and I've got aprox 154,000 (95,000 miles and change) on her now and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about those other companies running extened warienties, but I went to the dealer and purchased mine. I dont know if its dealer specific, but I got mine when I was a few hundred kilometers out of factory warrenty and they had no problem doing that for me. I say if your gonna do alot of driving then you may want to consiser it, it has benifited me over the years and I'm soon up. I've got some 160,000 kilometer warrenty and I've got aprox 154,000 (95,000 miles and change) on her now and I'm glad I did.
Thanks. We decided not to take it now. We'll decide if we need it later. Car's cost is enough money spent for us for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts