Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my trifecta for two months now. I was pretty happy with it up untill today when I saw it is rubbing on my paint. the area is the bottom of the back of the cab. My truck is storm gray and the area front of the bed back of the cab where they meet was kinda like a pastel white color forming. I took off the tonneu and It cleaned off but now when I run my fingers through it it feels smoother than the rest of my truck. I thing the clear coat is gone and its now working on the paint. When I first installed the cover I pushed the cover right up to the back of the cab, when I drove for the first time it was squeeking really badly so I pulled it away till there was like a 1/4 inch gap between the back of the cab and the cover and the squeek went away. I've been driving it like that for like 2500 miles. Anyone else having this issue? Or just check that area of your truck and see whats going on. I'm estimating in 10,000 miles the steel will start to show

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna try a 1/2 inch gap to see if it helps it probably will but might look funny at the back end of the truck. I'll try adjusting it in the morning

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Make sure at least alittle of the foam strip is over the front lip of the bed so water doesn't get in. The way I have mine adjusted, the rear of the cover comes back and meets the curve of the plastic piece on the top of the tailgate.

Hope that works for you.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
When I installed mine I made sure I had at least a 1/2 inch between the tonneau and the cab, so far no problems! It's very easy to have it right up next to the cab though because it almost seems to fit better that way!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, initially I positioned it too close to the cab and had the squeaking sound. Now I'm sure to position it about 1/4-1/2 inch rearward. No problems with leaking EVER.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts