Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So I received the Trifecta tonneau cover today. Great packaging, super light, durable....and so forth. By utilizing the regular direction installation was a breeze and might have taken 15 minutes. But there's an insert with a little baggy with "Alternative Brackets for Nissan Frontier." I've installed them in the rear of the truck and not in the front because it seems to make it easier to take the cover off...but what's the purpose behind it.

Did you guys use these? And is there a way to tighten the spring quick release handle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I used them, but theres a pain in the butt, keep getting in the way.
As for tightening the rear quick release, you release it and tilt it sideways there is a bolt on top, use a wrench to hold the top and a deep socket on the bottom and tighten it. Thats it, hope this helps!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gfronty05 said:
I used them, but theres a pain in the butt, keep getting in the way.
As for tightening the rear quick release, you release it and tilt it sideways there is a bolt on top, use a wrench to hold the top and a deep socket on the bottom and tighten it. Thats it, hope this helps!!
Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to leave the "alternative brackets" on the back end because it seems to make taking it off super-easy in times of need.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The alternative brackets are supplied for those who have the Utilitrack system installed on their truck. It allows extra clearance for the sliding bed extender and other sliding accessories! I installed all four, but I could have done without the two closest to the cab because I keep the extender near the tailgate anyway.

Also, after you clip those quick disconnect clips under the brackets, tilt them so that the sliding piece attached to the cover slides toward the side of the truck as far as it will go, I've found this holds the back down more securely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts