Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally bought a tonneau to put on my15 CC. i wannted a solid folding above rail one, relatively waterproof and theft resistant. ability to bear weight and easy on-off.i shopped online and everyone had the same price,839$. i entered a chat w/ tonneau factory.com and asked if they could do better.699.88 delivered.woohoo!.fed ex dropped off 1 week later. box in good shape.install took a while because i wanted to center it well and had to install provided brackets on bedrail. i have the utilitrak system. after i got everything where i wanted it, just tightened everything up and voila!.am heading to FL soon and will have a watertight review later. the one complaint i have at this point is the durability of the clamps. i can see myself down the road fabricating my own. this is my casual truck not my work truck, the bed doesnt get used much. i have my 04 for work. be happy to ansewer any questions.

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
How about some pictures? Where are you from?

Clint

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you got the Extang Solid Fold? How do you like it? I was torn between that and the BakFlip, ended up going with the BakFlip.

Absolutely LOVE having a folding cover. I have the BakFlip F1 (fiberglass panels, 400# weight capacity) and it goes from locked and secure to fully open in about 15 seconds. The hold open arms seem a bit flimsy but have had zero problem with them. It has nice lockdown brackets to keep it in the fully open position. It's about 97% watertight, a few drips through the wash or when it rains, but the drain channels and tubes work really well. Would never do a solid cover again.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like my Extang Solid Fold 2.0! It was on the truck when I bought it over a year ago. I did replace all my clamps and hardware for less then $20 as they looks "well used". I also replaced the weather striping that goes on the back of the bed, also a cheap repair. I will say the top doesn't hold up to well to larger then normal hail but I plan on repainting mine with bed liner. I think you will be surprised how water proof it really is, I will not have a drop of water in the bed after a good rain or after a car wash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good to hear! I just ordered the BakFlip VP (same as the F1 but with a vinyl, soft cover look).
Love the back bumper on your truck. Custom?
Hope you like the BakFlip! I will never have a truck without one again.

Bumper came from Shrockworks. You can get with or without the backup sensors, but the openings for the backup lights is standard. You can choose halogen or LED backup lights, or no lights at all. I went with the LED option.

Solid bumper. Shackle tabs are part of the mounting brackets so they tie direct to the frame. It weighs about the same (few pounds less) than the factory bumper with tow hitch receiver installed.

Pity the next fool who decides they would rather text in traffic than pay attention (the last guy who did that basically paid for the new bumper!)

Rock sliders also came from Shrock: Bumpers, Rock Sliders, Rocker Protection, Skid Plates, ShrockWorks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my 2010 used in 2013 with the solid fold already installed. It's been invaluable since I have to secure work items in the rear. I've been super pleased with it. It has developed some minor leaks in heavy rain or melting snow, but nothing major. Part of that may be from me having to manipulate and sometimes remove it in winter while frozen.
The factory latches feel secure enough and the panels are stronger than expected. Figured that out the day I found my kids and a couple friends all crawling on top of it.
For those that have replaced the latches and weather stripping, where did you go and what did you spend?

·
Registered
37 Posts
For those that have replaced the latches and weather stripping, where did you go and what did you spend?
I don't remember for sure but I think I got mine from etrailer.com

This page has the front and rear clamps
https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=extang&furl=-pg-Accessories_and_Parts

You might be able to find it somewhere else. It says on there that the clamps only come in quarantines of 1. Wherever I got mine I got a bag of 4 for less then $20 for the rear clamps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Geckodude18!
What did you use to replace the weather stripping? I'm constantly in and out of the tailgate and the stripping shows it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts