Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I saw a 1st gen ext cab truck that had a bench seat in the middle of the two front seats. It had an arm rest built in that could be folded up if you want to sit there. This was the only time I have seen this. I often have 2 other ppl ride with me and would like to have this seat. Has anyone ever seen this? I have googled it a bunch of time but come up empty. It looked stock. The seats looked like mine do. The truck was in california.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
It's not stock, but is possible. Peewee did the opposite to his 98 regular cab. If you could get a bench seat out of a regular cab it would be very easy to install, maybe look at the bench of the rear of a Xterra, I'm not sure on that one though. I'm not sure that a 3rd person could really fit up front though with the shifter, but you really wanted to do it, you could.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the xterra rear seat won't work. The problem with the bench seat from the std cab is it doesn't recline. I use to have a 94' toyota truck, and the front seat was very useful. It was a 60/40 bench seat with a fold down arm rest. Perfect IMO. The truck I saw looked completely stock and was just a plain truck. It didn't have the black strip on the tail gate, it just had a sticker that said frontier. I don't think that makes a difference.

the shifter on my truck is located on the column. There large guys won't fit comfortably, but me, my wife, and my lil sis can and do fit side by side. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's not stock, but is possible.
Not true. 99-01 XE King Cabs (4-cylinder only) came standard equipment with a 60/40 bench. If there were any packages (XE Sport or Value Truck) then the bench was replaced with Bucket Seats and a Console.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not true. 99-01 XE King Cabs (4-cylinder only) came standard equipment with a 60/40 bench. If there were any packages (XE Sport or Value Truck) then the bench was replaced with Bucket Seats and a Console.
That would make sense in that the truck I saw was the XE w/out the gray strip on the tailgate. But, I have never seen another like that. How rare can they be?

·
Registered
443 Posts
hahah i had this seat in my frontier... it quickly found it's way to a trash can when i came up on some buckets and a console..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahah i had this seat in my frontier... it quickly found it's way to a trash can when i came up on some buckets and a console..

Where they reclineable? Do you happen to have any pics of them?

·
Registered
443 Posts
i dont think the front was reclinable. no pics either check ebay though for pics, there are 1st gens with that set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts