Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So Ive been in my 2016 KC Desert Runner for about 6 months now.

Great truck!

But I was under the truck today and found an exposed wire connector/harness under the front part of the passenger side door. Ive attached a pic of it. Its attached to the frame rail

Am I missing a cover of some sort or is it supposed to be exposed like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
If I remember correctly, that's the harness that contains the wire bundles for the stuff at the rear of the truck? Tail lights/backup camera, etc...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thats how they are. Not much to protect them down there but i have not had any issues.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wasn't thrilled with the position of that loom below the frame bracket, putting it at risk from impact damage from below:

....I noticed too late that a large wiring loom runs around/under the frame bracket of that body mount. I damaged the loom by pinching it between the 2x4 and frame bracket:

As you can see more clearly in a later (repaired) photo, the loom is secured with a zip tie clipped into the frame bracket, but below the bracket and thus vulnerable to damage from below.

<snip>

I did my best to re-wrap the loom as it had before I damaged it, but chose to re-install it above the frame bracket:

Once I closed the protective plastic housing over the connector, the repair was complete:

Hopefully, others can learn from my mistake.

And it might not be a bad idea to relocate the loom above the frame bracket to make it less vulnerable to damage from below (like rocks, logs, etc).
If you intend to go offroad at all, I strongly suggest relocating the loom above the tangs of that frame bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts