Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title is self-explanitory; Explain why you chose your screen name, and/or any origin story behind it. I did a search but didn't find any thread like this, thought it would be fun.

I'll go first: "Raine" is the name I used back in the PC gaming days, mainly in Counter-Strike during my CS/CAL-I days. It's a respelling of "reign" and in the game I would type it "|2aine" or "|2a1ne" because it was the cool thing to do. LOL

On PSN I use "NoOneBetter" because "raine" was taken already, damnit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I live in Texas (south) and I have been a Scoutmaster for over twenty years.

·
2020 Moderating
3,202 Posts
I love the idea of this thread raine! Great idea.

Let's just say I "may" have gotten some flack in the past from a few other members regarding my lack of creativity :)

Funny thing is, I was so excited when this screen name was available when I signed up.

I was like "score", unbelievable no one else got this name first. Now I know why :)

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the idea of this thread raine! Great idea.

Let's just say I "may" have gotten some flack in the past from a few other members regarding my lack of creativity :)

Funny thing is, I was so excited when this screen name was available when I signed up.

I was like "score", unbelievable no one else got this name first. Now I know why :)
Wait so what year and model truck do you drive? LOL

"Jenior" is a combination of my first name (Jennifer) and what I call my truck (Junior).
When I first joined the forum I figured your was something Spanish-influenced for awhile - except for the fact that a lot of members here called you "Jen" so the "senior" part made it weird.

·
Premium Member
11,997 Posts
"Jenior" is a combination of my first name (Jennifer) and what I call my truck (Junior).
i always thought you were a dude. weird.

my original name was andy4106- reason why everyone old enough to remember it calls me andy. and the numbers are a date of a SO.

we broke up and at the time i was the second person to do a VK swap, so i figured why not.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
I thought there was a thread on this topic. Hmm.

Anywho,

First name is Sean, In my younger drinking days I had a drinking buddy with the Initials TM, so I started calling him "T-Mizzo" so he attempted to do the same to me (my initials are SB) but the letters in my name didn't work as well "S-Bizzo" so I became "shiz-mizzo." Which was then shortened to Shiz, which when asked what Shiz stood for I would tell people that Shiz is short for shizzy.

so, yea....

·
Registered
183 Posts
So mine story is similar to Shizzy's, but not really. I went to college for art and studied glass blowing. I was known to rock some Snoop Dog erry now and then. Snoop talk plus glass= Gliznass... at least it did in my mind 15 years ago. My first name is Chris, so instead of having a user name like "Chris1978" whenever I set up an account that requires a username, I just use Gliznass cuz it's just what I do.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
BC for the town I live in....

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pogo was a character from the newpaper cartoon pages of yesteryear and one of my dad’s favorites. We read the funnies together and I came to love Pogo too even though much of the humor was lost on me. For those that don’t know, and that's probably everyone here, Pogo was, to quote Wikipedia, “an amiable, humble, philosophical, personable, opossum” from Georgia. He was a reluctant candidate for president in ’56.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My name comes from my favorite target when I go fishing. Love to catch walleye. Not sure what happened that it ended up showing up as my full email address. Really need to get that changed lol.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
I started here as ChuckFrontier06 then changed to ZeroSixLE. The first was a combo of my nickname and truck. The current one is kind of phonetic in nature to make sure people don't say O 6. O is a letter while 0 is a number. Easily confused by many.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Good thread idea!
Got my firefighter and EMT certification so decided to mix them up...
Pyro= Firefighter (also like playing with fire, don't we all?)
Medic= EMT

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
The current one is kind of phonetic in nature to make sure people don't say O 6. O is a letter while 0 is a number. Easily confused by many.
Does that really bother you? When people ask me what year my truck is, I respond with "oh nine." Whoops. ;)

I want to change mine :(
You've been a member here for almost 7 years. That ship has sailed. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tumbleweeds (Russian Thistles) are stickery, obnoxious, weeds that proliferate in my part of Oregon and a lot of other grassland areas that have little moisture and plenty of wind. They were originally imported, accidentally, by wheat farmers that moved into the prairie states during the 19th century. Tumbleweed seeds are very small and were mixed in with the wheat seeds that the farmers brought from the Ukraine. Tumbleweeds can be difficult to deal with and near impossible to eradicate. The wheat did very well; unfortunately so did the tumbleweeds.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Sort of self-explanatory... I am very much into modding my truck, but it revolves more around the electronics than replacing intakes and such. With warmer weather now the norm, I will be documenting the technical mods I have in the works.

I'm a network engineer by trade, an extra class amateur radío operator, and my truck often resembles a shuttle craft more than an off-road beast.

GeekMyRide fits well...

1 - 20 of 166 Posts