Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has had issues with your exhaust pipes hitting your leaf springs from the taller shackles from the calmini 5in lift kit my leaf springs keep pushing my pipes down and it has ruined the hangers. anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to reroute the pipes?Right now they are angled behind the tires . i cant run them straight out the back unless i take out my spare tire.

·
Registered
563 Posts
was wondering if anyone has had issues with your exhaust pipes hitting your leaf springs from the taller shackles from the calmini 5in lift kit my leaf springs keep pushing my pipes down and it has ruined the hangers. anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to reroute the pipes?Right now they are angled behind the tires . i cant run them straight out the back unless i take out my spare tire.
Yeah, the Calmini or any long aftermarket shackle will cause some rubbing on the stock exhaust or aftermarket exhausts that follow the stock routing.

Simple solution that I used when fabbing up my exhaust was just putting a set of turndowns on the muffler and ending the exhaust before it goes over the axle. I like the clean look of not having the tips poking out from under the truck and its even with the bottom of the frame, so I don't have to worry about tearing it off on rocks or obstacles when I go offroading.

But that's not everyone's cup of tea.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
turning them down with quiet mufflers is cool, but turning them down with loud mufflers sucks. Listening to that drone on a 1000 mile road trip would drive me nuts

·
Registered
563 Posts
turning them down with quiet mufflers is cool, but turning them down with loud mufflers sucks. Listening to that drone on a 1000 mile road trip would drive me nuts
Agreed, which is why I changed from a Flowmaster 40 to a Flowmaster 50 series. The 40 was way too loud and droning at highway speed; the 50 series is a three chamber muffler and much quieter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^^ I agree. I don't have a flowmaster but my magnaflow has a bit much drone for my taste. I plan on keeping the exit in the same place (right before the pass rear) but changing out the muffler and reworking the exit style (turndowns most likely). Just have to get the Genesis set so I can start working on the Frontier again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts