Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been reading all posts on cat backs for the frontier and im not sure that is the way to go. I have put a few on my trucks that I have owned and was happy with the performance of them. But they all had some type of drone in cabin on the highway and I cant stand that. Now I am thinking of just having a muffler put on that flows better than the stock one. Stock muffler is a monster in size.Wish the JBA system was out to hear the pros and cons of the system. Saw the great price on the web for them but don't want to throw $$ down the drain again on a system that drones in cabin. So any ideas on just changing the muffler

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm having the Gibson installed on my truck today, I'll let you know whether or not there is a drone in the cabin or not, but I hope not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a gibson on my 2000 GMC and it had a drone in the cab on highway. Was thinking of buying the JBA and if it had a drone i could have a resanoter put on later on.
One of my fears is loosing low end torque.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I don't think you'll loose the low end torque with the JBA because it uses the stock pipe size to the Y and then only a 1/4" larger from the Y back to the tail pipe. From what I've been told, the reason the JBA has not yet hit the market is because JBA was not satisfied with the sound (too much drone) and spent a lot of extra R&D testing mufflers to give good power without it being loud in the cabin. They should be shipping this week or next, so hopefully we'll be seeing some reviews soon! I've got one reserved through the Group Buy, but I'm still going to wait till I see a review before forking out any money!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Frontier2,

Please post your comments once you get and install your JBA system. I'm very interested in this system for the reasons I mentioned above! I'm really looking forward to hearing some of the reviews on this system! Thanks...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I'll post results as soon as i can.They sent me an invoice saying there waiting for the manufacturer to ship.I hope to get it next week while i'm on vacation.I might have to wait til i go back to work to install it as it would be easier to do using the lift at work. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I may be getting the JBA system in the next couple weeks. I installed the JBA system on my brother's Tacoma and i like the sound, his is a 4banger though. it doesnt seem to drone though, it's nice and mellow at freeway speeds and then is audible when you accelerate.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got the Gibson cat back side swept exhaust installed. At highway speeds the drone is hardly noticable, in fact it is hard to discern from the normal road noise. Looks like the Gibson for the Frontier was well designed. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to hold off on the JBA system till some reviews come in on the system.
I do feel the price will be around $300 on sale down down the road,I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts