Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 2007 Frontier since 2013 and it is still stock. I want to do something to make the truck feel like its "mine". I am wanting to do an exhaust upgrade to make it sound better. I don't really know a lot about trucks and modifications. What is the best sounding exhaust for a V6? I don't want it to sound like a fast and the furious car, but I don't want it to be like a dragster either. I just want a good sounding exhaust. Kind of mean sounding?

I hardly do any off-roading. I really try to baby this truck.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Look on YouTube for sound clips of different Frontier exhaust. There is no "best" because how it sounds and how you like the sound is all your own opinion.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
Look on YouTube for sound clips of different Frontier exhaust. There is no "best" because how it sounds and how you like the sound is all your own opinion.
yup, exhaust notes are very subjective. A guy in town had the Gibson exhaust added and it sounded good - not high with a decent little rumble through the rpms.

If you want some sound and save a few bucks, get the Volant intake for an 07, it has a nice sound when you hammer the skinny pedal

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
yup, exhaust notes are very subjective. A guy in town had the Gibson exhaust added and it sounded good - not high with a decent little rumble through the rpms.

If you want some sound and save a few bucks, get the Volant intake for an 07, it has a nice sound when you hammer the skinny pedal
I like intakes, they're only loud when you smash the pedal ::grin::

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Love my Gibson exhaust.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did a BlackWidow exhaust and I love it (picked the truck name before I ever heard of the company..haha). They have sound clips on their website of a Nissan frontier. I got a muffler shop to put it on and reroute the exhaust to come out the side in front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

I like intakes, they're only loud when you smash the pedal
I have an Injen CAI and it sounds pretty damn good when you step on it. Reminds me of the old quadrajunks secondaries opening up on my Z28.
That's the route I would suggest.
Like it says above, it's only loud when you mash the pedal! ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Build an xpipe setup. I put a 2.25 on mine to start with summit knock off flowmasters and when I did headers just didn't like it so I stepped it up to a 2.5 with borla bullet mufflers. It's true dual exhaust and I love every bit of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm in the process of doing a custom setup on mine now. It should be done Wednesday or Thursday so check out my Build Thread for pictures/info soon!

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I have an Injen CAI and it sounds pretty damn good when you step on it. Reminds me of the old quadrajunks secondaries opening up on my Z28.
That's the route I would suggest.
Like it says above, it's only loud when you mash the pedal! ?
Had a quadrajet on my 327,365hp vette motor. Installed in a 56 Chevy Panel Truck. Leaked like heck till you put in a repair kit for the plugs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im gonna try an electric dump valve this weekend i'll let everyone know how it turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts