Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Exhaust Talk

10K views 127 replies 75 participants last post by  igbar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
MOD EDIT: I moved these posts from the Exhaust Sound / Video Clips!!! thread to their own thread because none of these posts contain an exhaust sound-clip or video. If you want to post a video, click on the link above and post it there. This thread is just for questions and general chatter about exhaust systems for the Frontier/Navara/Equator.
--igbar

1. At first I thought it was a flowmaster 40...got it off craigslist for cheap...but no FM stamped on the muffler....found it its a 'hercules' single in dual out. 2.5" in 2.25" out. The exhaust comes out in front of the passenger tire.
2. 4.0L V6 AT
3. 06' Storm Grey CC LE 4x2
4. $150 installed....$200 w/ SS tips
5. Workin on a vid....CF doesn't run the type I recorded in lol. Enjoy the pics though

Pipe Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system
Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Auto part Alloy wheel
Pipe Muffler Auto part Steel Vehicle
Auto part Automotive exhaust Jet engine Aerospace engineering Vehicle
Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Automotive exhaust

See less See more
#4 ·
I just got rid of my ls1 trans am with LT's and magnaflow so it's hard for me to adjust to a new sound. I do like the sound of these 4.0 video clips, maybe instead of a start up and rev someone will post a driveby soundclip.

#5 ·
IRONGRAVE... your exhaust is AWESOME!!!! Sounds great bro!!!!

if you dont mind me asking... what did you pay for it??

(best one I've heard yet!)

#6 ·
NISM05 said:
IRONGRAVE... your exhaust is AWESOME!!!! Sounds great bro!!!!

if you dont mind me asking... what did you pay for it??

(best one I've heard yet!)
I payed what ever my friends shop's cost was from Magnaflow (show truck for their shop wrote it off thier taxes as add expendatures) The only gripe I have with it is that it dose not replace the Y pipe I might do that or full custom, I love the muffler so I might just have a shop fab me up a Y pipe.

#7 ·
shinermiller said:
Just noticed the sticky. Ill post up what ive done, maybe it can help some people out or what not. Its a Cat-Back design 2.5" off each cat, running into a flowmaster 2.5" to 3" Y-pipe. Then the muffler right after the Y-pipe and a piece of 3" tube bent at a 90* ( :( compression bend)angle and turned slightly down so it exits just before my pass rear wheel. Sounds amazing for this motor if you ask me.
nice clip, i love the sound of a flowmaster idling...it makes my day everytime i start my truck.

#9 ·
Irongrave said:
Here is mine, Magnaflow cat back, Volant CAI on 06 SE
Best sounding exhaust in the whole thread. Frankly, after how much the Magnaflow catback gets put down here I expected this to sound terrible, but that is far from the truth (I realize this isnt the cat back)!

I've used Magnaflow for years, and always been extremely happy with the results. If I build my own system, I now believe it will be with Magnaflow. I'll just be sure to get a huge resonator to avoid drone and rasp. The only system that might keep me from doing this is the Bassani.

#11 ·
50 series race delta flow here. not a &^#$&@()$ magnaflow. all my buddys had their 'stuffing' blow out. i didnt buy a muffler to have a blowout LOL! And yes Zoso it sounds sooo amazing everytime i start it. i love seeing people LOOK when they hear it. they dont expect it!

#12 ·
Kingpin said:
Best sounding exhaust in the whole thread. Frankly, after how much the Magnaflow catback gets put down here I expected this to sound terrible, but that is far from the truth (I realize this isnt the cat back)!

I've used Magnaflow for years, and always been extremely happy with the results. If I build my own system, I now believe it will be with Magnaflow. I'll just be sure to get a huge resonator to avoid drone and rasp. The only system that might keep me from doing this is the Bassani.
I have the system as you can see, and im not wild about it. yes it sounds good but the powerband on it is meh to me. the pipe is a little big and it dose not replace the stock Y pipe.

I'll try to get an In tuck and drive by soon.

#13 ·
Guys, hopefully one of us three guys who did the Bassani group buy can post sound and pics after we get them installed. I think Bassman and I are putting ours on at my parents garage this weekend, so I'm hoping to take some pics and sound clips.

#15 ·
zoso0286 said:
nice clips sounds good. the beginning of the longer video is funny cuz it looks like your truck goes off in the distance then comes back around and passes by again.
i did a few drive bys but those were the 2 that sounded the best. the others had really bad road noise in them. If i get a seccond set of hands I'll make better ones

#20 ·
Well I put the Stillen cat-back system on my truck today... haven't seen one in here yet. I will try to get a clip tomorrow... if not, I will get one when I return from AZ.

#21 ·
808Chaney said:
...Sorry for the thread jack but to get it back on track your exhaust sounds killer.
i appreciate it!:thumbsup: i love it man, i just got back from a long trip with the A/C on and a truck full of stuff (helping a friend move) and i averaged 24.96mpg on basically the same trip i did a while back empty without A/C that i averaged 23.4mpg on so it has definitely helped alot on gas, not to mention my "best" mpg since i've owned a few weeks ago while going to the mountains i averaged 25.98mpg on that trip!:cool:

#23 ·
yeah UGA, since the pipes are dumping under the truck the sound just resonates underneath and that's what makes it loud, if you get the pipes going out the back (any way really) as long as they stick out an inch or so from the fenders or bumper it will come down dramatically in noise, that way the sound won't be trapped and echoing under the vehicle

#25 ·
Clip will be added in a few hours when i get her back later today:

Custom dual in/single out
Flowmaster 50 series SUV
2.25" stainless on either end
4 in tip with honeycomb inside

AirRaid CAI (w/out TBS)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.