Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom Exhaust Build

I didn't want to put out 600 for a full exhaust system so I decided to custom up one. I ordered a 4' straight pipe and a 90 degree mandrel bent pipe from Summit with a 18x9x5 MagnaFlow muffler. The muffler is dual in, single out. I decided that I'm going to take out the y pipe and replace it with the two new pipes and keep the single exit. My thoughts are that it'll reduce savaging, increase power a hair and fuel economy, plus give me the sound, which is all I'm really after. I'll program it for the power eventually. I don't know if anybody has done this, I didn't research it before I decided on it, just chatted with a friend of mine who knows exhaust.
I'll have pictures up tonight and let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Can't wait!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My boys at Kar Kare fixed me up real nice, as always. Truck sounds great, very pleased with it. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but it seems to have more power as well.

18x9x5 MagnaFlow Dual in Single out muffler

Mandrel bent pipe

Straight Pipe

^All provided by Summit Racing for around $150-All pipes were 2.25"

Pipes were a lot smaller than I thought they would be, they still fit up well, just some extra welding
Stock Y-pipe

Stock System

New hanger was required, it's just narrower (both new pipes hit the stock hanger), the straight pipe also had to be bent out toward the passenger's side a little so it would fit around the hanger

New setup, void of y pipe

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks good.

From your pictures it looks like you kept the stock tailpipe, right? Just an FYI there is a resonator near the end, might want to look at getting that replaced with a piece of that 2.25 that you got, might interfere with your sound a bit.

Always a good option to get rid of the ridiculous crushed Y pipe. Man that thing is dumb.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good.

From your pictures it looks like you kept the stock tailpipe, right? Just an FYI there is a resonator near the end, might want to look at getting that replaced with a piece of that 2.25 that you got, might interfere with your sound a bit.

Always a good option to get rid of the ridiculous crushed Y pipe. Man that thing is dumb.
Thanks man, I did keep the stock tail pipe and didn't look to see that resonator. Why would there be one so far down stream? I might just have to take that off
It was quite a small y-pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts