Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Club Frontier, purchased my very first truck yesterday, '17 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner King Cab (gun metallic) Long story short, I had to give my car to my wife, so that she can give her car to her parents as they needed one for emergency medical reasons. I had my eye on frontiers for a long time now, but was aiming for the end of this year. Although I couldn't save as much on a downpayment as I wanted to, helping my wife's family was my number one priority.

Oddly enough, I got the desert runner, even though I am no desert runner myself. I was torn between going with the 4 cyl or upgrading to the fully loaded 4x4. I don't do any off roading or live in snow regions, so a 4x4 was completely unnecessary for my use. My requirements at the dealership were king cab, gun metallic, SV V6, they didn't have any in my color, except in Desert Runner (DR). I couldn't go without the V6, so I went forward with the DR.

And so far, I'm loving it! The decal/stickers kind of bugged me, but I think I can grow into it later. It adds uniqueness to the frontier trim. So yes, I'm excited to drive this thing around. Even though I went through the Frontier or Tacoma debate, I knew my heart was with the Frontier. Simple. Reliable. Budget friendly :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello Club Frontier, purchased my very first truck yesterday, '17 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner King Cab (gun metallic) Long story short, I had to give my car to my wife, so that she can give her car to her parents as they needed one for emergency medical reasons. I had my eye on frontiers for a long time now, but was aiming for the end of this year. Although I couldn't save as much on a downpayment as I wanted to, helping my wife's family was my number one priority.

Oddly enough, I got the desert runner, even though I am no desert runner myself. I was torn between going with the 4 cyl or upgrading to the fully loaded 4x4. I don't do any off roading or live in snow regions, so a 4x4 was completely unnecessary for my use. My requirements at the dealership were king cab, gun metallic, SV V6, they didn't have any in my color, except in Desert Runner (DR). I couldn't go without the V6, so I went forward with the DR.

And so far, I'm loving it! The decal/stickers kind of bugged me, but I think I can grow into it later. It adds uniqueness to the frontier trim. So yes, I'm excited to drive this thing around. Even though I went through the Frontier or Tacoma debate, I knew my heart was with the Frontier. Simple. Reliable. Budget friendly :)
Congrats on your new truck.

My story is similar to yours. I didn't have a medical emergency but my 15 year old daughter is about to drive and we also needed a truck for the house, so I landed into my 2015 Pro4X.

I'd been looking for months for a Honda Ridgeline and every time I looked at one, I wasn't impressed. The used market wasn't good for them. I am a die hard Honda fan.. But then I found my new truck. I'd had a Nissan before and it was a decent vehicle, so when I found the truck I thought I'd give it a go.

I fell in love instantly. The decals were different for me too and like you, I'll never go off roading, but the ride and look of the truck sold me. At least I know I have the 4x4 option if I ever need it. Lol

Congrats once again! The people on here are super nice and knowledgeable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PS - I debated on the Tacoma too.. until I read reviews between the two trucks. The frontier got much more praise in a lot of them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
congrats, I love the Frontier, I have a gen one back when
and have several Nissan Cars since then so I and my wife are a Nissan family
she has had a Pathfinder, Maxima, Altima , even a 200sx back when

I had a Pulsar, Hardbody, Altima (two different models), gen 1 Frontier,
3 different gen 1 Titans, and now my current Frontier

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
Nice rig. Desert runners seem very rare around here I in PA. I've only seen one and that was a 1st gen truck. Congrats!

·
Registered
667 Posts
JGP_25 Welcome only one thing and and this goes for Drumminchick also as I read the postings. Glad you were thinking "ONLY" of the family when you picked up your new trucks and just keep sayin that every time you get behind the wheel of your brand new "Only thinking of the family PU". Congrats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts