Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the list of what I ended up with after a few others failed to produce desired results.

Headlights-
Katana 9007, 12,000lumen, 6500k, CCD17-12-F2-9007
Backup- Lasfit 921 (T15) white
Brake- Lasfit 3157 (T25) Red
Front turn signal- MOSNOKT 7443 white/amber switchback w/integrated anti-hyperflash (flashes yellow-off-yellow, is white for parking light or can be used as DRL)
Rear turn signal- Auxito 3157 (T25) amber, w/integrated anti-hyperflash, 3157-4KG24-Y2 (Auxito has 5 or 6 variations, be sure to get the anti-hyperflash ones, they are square)
Fogs- Anyhow H11, White/yellow switching (love the ability to toggle between white and yellow but beware, if you leave them switched on when starting the truck, they may get out of sync)
Interior (dome, and 2 lights over front console area)- 3 white festoon 31mm (DE3175)
License plate- new self contained assembly
Third brake light- new self contained assembly
Front marker lights- T10 white (168, 175, 194) (you can use amber but I don't see a difference)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WAY way brighter than what was in every socket.

While my interior is black, it's brighter but not as dramatically brighter as the white LEDs likght up my wife's white interior Prius. It's like being in an airport when you open a door.

I've read some comments about LEDs dying in a relatively short time, being all from China except the Lasfits, we'll see how they hold up.

I really love the switchbacks as they give me daytime driving lights and I like the all white like look of the front end now. My neighbors have all noticed and I've been giving hem part numbers for their vehicles. Hmmm, maybe I should hang a shingle....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's the list of what I ended up with after a few others failed to produce desired results.

Headlights-
Katana 9007, 12,000lumen, 6500k, CCD17-12-F2-9007
Backup- Lasfit 921 (T15) white
Brake- Lasfit 3157 (T25) Red
Front turn signal- MOSNOKT 7443 white/amber switchback w/integrated anti-hyperflash (flashes yellow-off-yellow, is white for parking light or can be used as DRL)
Rear turn signal- Auxito 3157 (T25) amber, w/integrated anti-hyperflash, 3157-4KG24-Y2 (Auxito has 5 or 6 variations, be sure to get the anti-hyperflash ones, they are square)
Fogs- Anyhow H11, White/yellow switching (love the ability to toggle between white and yellow but beware, if you leave them switched on when starting the truck, they may get out of sync)
Interior (dome, and 2 lights over front console area)- 3 white festoon 31mm (DE3175)
License plate- new self contained assembly
Third brake light- new self contained assembly
Front marker lights- T10 white (168, 175, 194) (you can use amber but I don't see a difference)
Wow. That's quite the list. Did you order all these from the same place? Are there vendors you recommend over others?

Reason I ask is I am looking to start with replacing the front turn signals with these Switchback LED's. << That site states that they provide additional wiring to hook their bulbs to the fuse box ACC to have the DRL come on/go off automatically. So start the truck, the DRL's come on auto white with amber turn signals on demand. Sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Curious about those fogs... link?
Wow. That's quite the list. Did you order all these from the same place? Are there vendors you recommend over others?

Reason I ask is I am looking to start with replacing the front turn signals with these Switchback LED's. << That site states that they provide additional wiring to hook their bulbs to the fuse box ACC to have the DRL come on/go off automatically. So start the truck, the DRL's come on auto white with amber turn signals on demand. Sounds pretty cool.
I got everything from either ebay or Amazon.

I went through three different sets of front turn signals before settling on the MOSNOKT. I tried a set that came with inline resistors and I tried separate inline resistors. Reason being someone made a comment about anti hyperflash LEDs. I have come to disregard that comment. These bulbs are plug and play. No fiddling. They’re white unless you use hazards or TS, then the bulb or bulbs affected are yelllw. I don’t like the others that flash yellow-white-yellow. In fact I’m not sure that’s legal. These flash yellow-off-yellow. The only one I found that flashes this way and has integrated anti hyperflash protection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great information. Definitely keep us updated on any issues.

I have done the Katanas and rear brake, reverse and interior lights from Diode Dynamics ($pricey$)
so I am looking for a better source.

Diode Dynamics doesn't build a no-hyperblink for the Frontier turn signals.

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the purchase references, johncap523.

I went on Amazon searching for error free, white/amber switchback LED and found these -
https://www.amazon.com/SOCAL-LED-Switchback-Extremely-Decoder-Resistor/dp/B017I68YD8/ref=sr_1_27?keywords=error+free+switchback+white+amber&qid=1582216428&s=automotive&sr=1-27&th=1

I assume the 7440 is the correct part number for a Frontier, right?

Great price and pretty good reviews. Plus, they are returnable.
Also, I really want the extra wiring to have the white DRL come on/go off automatically. Where in the fuse box could I hook this up to make that happen?

·
Registered
903 Posts
pics or it didn't happen... :) especially the white/orange drl

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I went on Amazon searching for error free, white/amber switchback LED and found these -
https://www.amazon.com/SOCAL-LED-Switchback-Extremely-Decoder-Resistor/dp/B017I68YD8/ref=sr_1_27?keywords=error+free+switchback+white+amber&qid=1582216428&s=automotive&sr=1-27&th=1

Also, I really want the extra wiring to have the white DRL come on/go off automatically. Where in the fuse box could I hook this up to make that happen?
I wouldn’t buy those. First, they have inline resisters. Second, the wiring sounds wonky. Third, I’m pretty sure they flash yellow-white-yellow rather than yellow-off-yellow.

Obviously your call.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I wouldn’t buy those. First, they have inline resisters. Second, the wiring sounds wonky. Third, I’m pretty sure they flash yellow-white-yellow rather than yellow-off-yellow.

Obviously your call.
when i see things on amazon with 'upgraded version' i quickly think.... well how bad was the first one??

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when i see things on amazon with 'upgraded version' i quickly think.... well how bad was the first one??
Evidently there’s a lot of refining going on with many of these led “bulbs”. They tweak the size and number of diodes, integrate circuitry to combat hyper flashing, etc. Some of them actually show the version by year. And none of them look alike. At first I was concerned with what I’ll do when one fails, like, how will I match it. Then it occurred to me, aside from the 9007 headlight, none of them are very expensive, so, if one dies, I’ll replace the pair with whatever the new version is. Hell, my wife’s Prius was going through the right headlight every 9 or 10 months so the led doesn’t have to be that much more durable to beat that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2019 and one of the first things I did was to change out every bulb to LED's.
All my bulbs are Lasfit with the exception of the headlights. I tried several brands from $40 to $175 and I finally settled on Morimoto brand at about $149, for my Headlights. My tailights are a little different since I bought slightly tinted assemblies which came with pre-installed LED's for the Driving and Brake Lights. May have spent a little more, but the quality is outstanding. IMHO. Thanks, Bob Good Luck with all your choices.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are videos of the after. I didn't shoot any comparisons. These were shot in the middle of the afternoon. Trust me, if at dusk or later, they are VERY bright.

Front lights

Rear lights

Switchback fogs

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

This is the front turn signal switchback with integrated anti- hyperflash and flasshes yellow-off-yellow.

MOSNOKT 7443 Switchback

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for posting all of this Johncap. Very helpful. I love the front turns becoming drl. They really do make a BIG difference in being seen. I will be doing this mod ASAP.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Johncap, did you set up your front turn signals to automatic drl’s ? This is what I’d like to do on my truck. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Johncap, did you set up your front turn signals to automatic drl’s ? This is what I’d like to do on my truck. Thanks in advance.
Right now I just turn it to the parking lights setting on the stem and that’s driving lights. I’ve got a guy who does audio and lighting who’s putting in footwell lights for me this week and I’m gonna talk to him about maybe doing it a different way, if it’s feasible to make them on all the time.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts