Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this before? looks like it overheated and melted. What causes this?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I haven't. What year Frontier do you have, and which engine? That doesn't look like the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve that I have on my 2018 VQ40DE engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an 08 NISMO automatic. I believe it has the same engine VQ40DE. I have had to change this part about three time now. First time it looked as if it had popped on the side. This time is what you see on the photo. I did buy the newer version of the valve to see if that is the problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
IMO, it looks like it short-circuited inside the valve. Since you said this is the third time you replaced it, did you get it off of Ebay or a similar site? There are a lot of Chinese counterfeit parts out there trying to pass off as OE and are of poor quality. That's also the old style valve which was discontinued by Nissan a long time ago; the new one has a more powerful actuator for better sealing. If you go to Rockauto, they have SMP/Intermotor # CVS67, which is the newer type vent valve and has a 3-year warranty for $68.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I haven't. What year Frontier do you have, and which engine? That doesn't look like the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve that I have on my 2018 VQ40DE engine.
It's the vent valve that goes onto the canister. The purge volume control solenoid valve is a different part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts