Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Had to pull off my fuel tank on my '04 Frontier to replace what I originally thought was a bad sending unit and long story short I ended up replacing the entire tankl. Unfortunatly in removing the tank the rubber Evap hose which connects to the vapor canister broke. To add insult to injury Nissan has discontinued the part and it is not available anywhere. Has anyone had experience with this part? At this point I am likely going to replace with molded hose with hose that is not molded since I cannot find a direct replacement.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you have any photos of the rubber hose and the connection points? Maybe a piece of rubber fuel line and a couple hose clamps would do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I am thinking. My only worry is kinking the hose. It makes two hard 90's where it goes around the frame. I will put up a picture when I get home this evening.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I haven't had to use one of these in a long time, but they are made just for that. They come in a bunch of sizes, and you might have to look for a bit, but they do work. It just goes inside the hose and doesn't allow it to collapse. The pic is a 12 mm, and it would fit inside a 1/2 hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
The other thing you can do is just custom make one with fittings and hose. This on is like .79 on rock auto.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
You could also use metal brake line (remove the line nuts, of course) and bend it to make the curves and use rubber gas for the straight sections.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the help. Went to a local mom and pop parts store and was able to find a replacement. Got the truck up and running nice to have a working fuel gauge. Also took the time to replace the seal on the differential cover since it was leaking like a sieve.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help. Went to a local mom and pop parts store and was able to find a replacement. Got the truck up and running nice to have a working fuel gauge. Also took the time to replace the seal on the differential cover since it was leaking like a sieve.
Sorry to hear you now have a fuel gauge that accurately reflects how fast your truck drinks it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get it repaired. Ended up using a hose off a mid eighties GM that had similar bends in it.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Did you replace JUST the sensor and leave he original stock pump there? I'm asking because I have a 2004 4-cylinder with a fuel tank sender error code, even though the fuel gauge works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up replacing the tank, fuel pump and sending unit. Taking off the tank was such a pain I ended replacing everything just so that I won't have to do it again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts