Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im anxiously awaiting my 2017 pro4x(should be here towards the end of the month!!) and for my VW to be bought back... and looking at modifications already. Something I'm very used to is swapping in euro parts to get features. Like being able to run parking lights and fog lights, but no low beam. In a VW, that's a simple toss a euro headlight switch in, run a wire or two to enable rear fogs, and done. Also, the euro headlight beams are better... Doing some searching, and it doesn't look to be a thing in the Frontier world. Is the fact that Nissan is a Japanese based auto maker the reason? I noticed Navara headlights don't have the ugly amber markers and just wondering why it's not a more common thing? Or do I just suck at searching? :nerd:

Pic of my vw's for attention...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the lower pic is of an '05-08(?) frontier and the upper is an '09 to current model. And no, not directly interchangeable. some minor differences in some of the other surrounding parts.
I noticed they were once I put the pics together, but even between 05-08 to the facelift, they don't have the amber like the US lights. I'm assuming they also have a different beam pattern like other European head lights do in the VW/Audi world. I guess I have a lot more learning to do on these trucks and the differences.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Came from the VAG side at one time as well with an A6, parts were much more interchangeable. I think it's a design thing, on the Toyota side it seems to the be the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts