Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Equator Premium Extended Cab 4cyl auto.

After 200 miles with the new truck:

Power from the 2.5 seems good for a 4 cyl. Not as gutless as a Tacoma 4 cyl. I had the displeasure of driving once. Will evaluate gas miliage once 1200 mile break in completed.

Nice and quiet inside, everything seems screwed together very well. Fit and finish excellent. Solid truck. Seats are comfortable. Nothing beats real new car smell.

Suzuki binder with owners manual will not fit in either glove box...doh! In center console for now.

Love having 2 rear doors (last truck was a 3 door). Overall like the looks of it. Glad I went with silver.

Concern (easily fixed, though): No aux in on factory radio :confused:. The cheapo Cobalt I rented 2 years ago had one, why does Nissan cheap out here? Had the same concern with my mom's '06 Altima. This should be standard by now. Luckily the base CD player is easily replaced (not integrated like the 6 disc, which is only available on the Crew Cab). Making do with a blah sounding FM transmitter in the interim. Thankfully should be an easy install once I get the proper kit/harness.

Mods complete: Alarm system.

Upcoming mods: Stereo w/aux in and XM (from previous truck). Spray-in bedliner, Garmin Nav kit and refurb Nuvi 750 when $$$ allows. Many more to come, I'm sure.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Suzuki binder with owners manual will not fit in either glove box...doh!
same for my fronty i just stuff it in there and angle it right then close takes a few times to get it just right.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Power from the 2.5 seems good for a 4 cyl. Not as gutless as a Tacoma 4 cyl. I had the displeasure of driving once. Will evaluate gas miliage once 1200 mile break in completed.
When I bought my '07 Frontier XE I test drove every drivetrain combo Frontier and Tacoma (both 4 and 6 cyl) until I was sure I had what would work best for me. What I found was that both the Nissan and Toyota 4 cyls. had plenty of power, but the Tacoma automatic really needed the extra gear that the Frontier had. With the manual tranny, the Tacoma actually has a slight advantage over the Frontier (more torque), but by and large they are pretty comparable.

·
Registered
240 Posts
with just over 4k on mmine I'm averaging around 18mpg. Mods are coming soon!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now at 550 miles. Installed radio from previous truck (Pioneer Premier DEH-P900R w/XM tuner module and aux adapter...woo hoo, no more FM transmitter). Making do with stock speakers for now (wedding coming up...$$$).

Received Garmin Nuvi 750 today (149.99, CompUsa.com), and Nav kit will be here tomorrow. Will end up costing me less than half of what the dealer would have charged for the Nav package.

Took a 2 hour (each way) trip yesterday. Kudos to Nissan for the generously sized fuel tank. Seat was comfortable. Still getting used to not having automatic lights.

All is well!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a little over 1000 miles on mine now but am only averaging around 15mpg. I changed the oil today to mobil 1 maybe it will help a little?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
ETV's MotorWeek has an Equator in their long term test fleet and they love it -- zero complaints at 11,000 Miles. I'm happy to read that you're enjoying yours. MotorWeek voted the '05 Frontier as their Truck Of The Year, eschewing Tacoma.

MotorWeek: Road Test: Long Term

1 - 9 of 9 Posts