Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was out yesterday getting some stuff and what do i see a SUZUKI EQUATOR i was like WTF. this is the 1st i seen in the U.S so i talked to the owner and he said he had gotten it last yr. also the dealer had to bring it down from canada... has anyone else seen one in the states. i also told the guy about CF.org :)

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
There is a suzuki dealer about 5 miles from my house that has them on the lot. I've never seen one on the road though. I contemplated one before I bought mine but they don't offer a manual trans with the 4.0 and they actually seemed more expensive than the Frontiers.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
^^^plus you could brag to people that you got a Suzuki. Most folks would assume you ride a motorcycle.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
saw one while camping in canada a few weeks ago. it was parked at a campsite with a camper that I figure was way too big (then again, there was a ranger there 'towing' something bigger.)

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
They are few and far between for the most part. Their sale numbers are pretty low compared to the Frontier. Most people don't even know the Equator is a rebadged Frontier and don't even consider it as an option.

I have to say, they do have a nice warranty but I am not sure on the styling. The rear may be better if you debadge it but the front, idk. If you paint the grill and black out the headlights, then maybe but stock, idk.

In the end, if you are looking for a strong truck in the midsize range, then the frontier and suzuki are equal. The drivetrain is the same so only difference would be looks and price. Whatever fits your bill is the one you should buy.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I live in a small town in the middle of no-where central utah and there's a brand new one parked at the little car shop outside every day. I must say I love the equators cosmetics...
It's the decked out "pro-4x" equivalent version too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I saw one in my garage!! I bought RMZ4 because Pro4x was not available within 200 miles but there were 4 RMZ4s. Also love the dark blue. Warranty is great but just hope dealer stays in business. Seemed to me about same price, maybe a little less - option packages are a little different, no leather. I paid 28,400. otd for RMZ4 Sport (w/sunroof and RF).

·
Registered
677 Posts
They are good option if you like the front end of the Tacoma but hate everything else. :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
They are good option if you like the front end of the Tacoma but hate everything else. :)
or - Is that a x-terra, maybe a pathfinder - it's a titan, no, no, no, it's a Frontier - god, they all look alike. :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts