Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me? I have a 2007 frontier 2.5 king cab. The original motor costs more than my truck. Is there any other motor that I can replace it with that’s not so expensive? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
If picking a used motor from a junkyard is worth more than the truck, its time to retire the truck

Is the truck rotted out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The truck is still in great conditions. That’s why I need to fix it but the engine for 2007 frontier the 2.5 one us 2600 Dulles compare to Altima’s and x-terra are really much cheaper

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
2nd gen frontier and xterra use the same powertrains. A 4cyl for an xterra will work in a frontier. A 6cyl for an xterra will work in a frontier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: erturne

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If your truck is in great condition (except for the engine), it's worth a lot more than 2600 bucks.

Try looking some more for a used engine - You should be able to find something for less.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
What is wrong with it? can it be rebuilt or fix rather than replacing an entire engine. Seems like something short of throwing a rod through the block, most things can be fixed.

Looks like you are in Mexico? Have you checked with a local shop for repairs/rebuilds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts