Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Engine swap and opinions

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Contra 
#1 ·
So my 2005 vq40de engine is about to be toast well it's ****ed so I'm gonna put a rebuilt one in I've done some research online about good company's that rebuild motors all that people say jasper and swear by them others say kill yourself before you even think about buying anything from them looked at jmt and others any thoughts or opinions on companies that sell rebuilt motors and problems you have with them would be nice or if you wanna buy my truck lol make me an offer!!! lol unfortunately rebuilding my motor isn't an option because there is no decent machine shop around to help. But experiences with any rebuilt motor companies is greatly appreciated or any tips for when I go about ripping the old out and putting the new in

#2 ·
if you are going to yank the toast one and just do a factory replacement?
ive had really good luck on ebay and ive also bought a few engines from people here on the forums.

either way the factory v6-to-v6 swap is complete cake. no hard bolts, nothing surprising or that slows you down. its one of the easiest motor swaps ive ever done.

#4 ·
depend why rebuilds it, if some "backyard" mechanic or shop did it then YES, get a junk yard find, but if a good reputable re-builder does it and gives a warranty on it and labor to, then I would feel better that way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.