Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on vacation for a week and the truck sat for about 9 days with out being started, and when I drove it the first time I noticed a slight surge. For example, when I am driving I will hold the rpm steady at about 2500 while accelerating and with out moving my foot I notice the rpm's drop to like 2200 for a second then go right back up. Then is does it again, and again....... It only does it under normal acceleration(to scared to give her hell it has 200K miles). If I am setting still or coasting it does not do it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tommy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
If I had to guess, I would suggest cleaning your mass air flow meter and making sure it's connector is tight and corrosion free.

Heath

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. Ill take a look at it this weekend when I get a chance.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you on any kind of incline? Lots of wind? or is it flat and level? I'd check the TPS sensor as well.

Is your truck completely warmed up? I've noticed that I wont shift into OD until she's at operating temp. I read that somewhere in the manual as well. Maybe its just on the verge of operating temperature and its getting confused.

Ok thanks. Ill take a look at it this weekend when I get a chance.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If the problem didn't exist before you left, I'd drive it around for a few days and see if the problem goes away. I had a car that used to do that anytime I didn't start it for 3 or more days. I would just give it a good drive over a day or two and the problem would disappear. Why? I have no idea, my guess would be something with the computer/electronics.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
doesn't really seem like anything to worry about. 300 rpm's is just a little variation on the throttle. there are many variables that can cause a change like that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I have been driving it back an forth to work for over a week and it still does it every time I drive it. Its not always 300 rpms, sometimes more sometimes less. Its never been more than 500 though. Prolly nothing to be to concerned about, just as long at it gets me to work and back I'm not to concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts