Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,i have a 1999 frontier 2.7 diesel,at the moment it has undergone a major overhaul,one of the the parts replaced was the engine mounting rubbers.After putting the engine back in i found the engine tilted back towards the gearbox and the fan was an inch too high,after a quick bit of math i found the engine mounts were 3/4 inch too high,these are the correct mounts for this truck but i suspect the engine is not from a frontier,the reason for this suspicion is that i cannot find any reference of a frontier havin a 2.7 diesel ! Has any member got a solution ? i have a few ideas of my own, one of which is to have a new backplate made for the engine brackets,thus lowering the desired amount.A British guy would appreciate your thoughts..cheers people.....keef

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The 2.7 is not stock OEM Nissan. I am not sure where it is from but you may want to find out where and if its OE mounts will work.

After this, it sounds like a customized mount will be needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dubie

As i live in the philippines ,god knows where they got the engine from and as for locating original mounts, thats gonna be very difficult,i think modifying the existing brackets is the way to go,unless any other members have a better idea, thanks....keef

1 - 3 of 3 Posts