Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a prety good relationship with my shop. They have done a great job in the last year of consuming close to 6k in maintenance work from all around suspension work, new exhaust manifold (the typical one), new distributer (not just the rotor and cap), new knock sensor, New valves/lifters (huh?), timing belt work, and a lot of other stuff. And this is on a really clean truck. The work needed done and they do great work. But I am fed up with chasing the damn engine light around but sick of having it pop on.

So back to what is causing it - the codes say vapor leak. OK so I put a new oem fuel cap on and had the shop clear the codes. A Week later "tada" the light is back on. My guess is it is the valva at the end of the charcoal box or even the charcoal breather box. However, I do not want to start here if someone on this forum has a better idea. THe valve is $100 and the box is in upwards of $300 from the local dealer.

Any suggestions or help.....

Thanks

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
What is the code for vapor leak? The PO430 one?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
yeah, make sure your gas cap clicks 3x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vapor leak

So I have a prety good relationship with my shop. They have done a great job in the last year of consuming close to 6k in maintenance work from all around suspension work, new exhaust manifold (the typical one), new distributer (not just the rotor and cap), new knock sensor, New valves/lifters (huh?), timing belt work, and a lot of other stuff. And this is on a really clean truck. The work needed done and they do great work. But I am fed up with chasing the damn engine light around but sick of having it pop on.

So back to what is causing it - the codes say vapor leak. OK so I put a new oem fuel cap on and had the shop clear the codes. A Week later "tada" the light is back on. My guess is it is the valva at the end of the charcoal box or even the charcoal breather box. However, I do not want to start here if someone on this forum has a better idea. THe valve is $100 and the box is in upwards of $300 from the local dealer.

Thanks
I have a 2003 and my vapor leak was caused by rust on top of the gas tank where the fuel pump/sending unit bolts into the tank. If you can access a smoke machine check this location or have your shop check before spending money on the canister or valve. I've been told this is a common problem on the fronty's.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks

Well its been a few years but what ended up coming off the p1441 code??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts