Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the engine bay? Well did some off roadin and its really dirty. she runs fine though, so any ideas would be great..

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Personally I would not use a high pressure rinse on the engine. You are just asking for trouble. On my Supra I fouled all six NGK iridiums trying to detail it and a water got in just the wrong spot. On my truck I've just used a damp rag. It doesnt work great, but it gets the major parts.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
if its just mud and dirt a garden hose will get rid of it. Just keep the water away from your TB electics etc

·
Registered
686 Posts
The only real problem with pressure washing under the hood is filling up the spark plug tubes with water. If you avoid those areas you should have no problems. Unlike older cars that had distributors there isn't much that can be hurt by water on newer cars.

·
Banned
410 Posts
super6turbo4 said:
The only real problem with pressure washing under the hood is filling up the spark plug tubes with water. If you avoid those areas you should have no problems. Unlike older cars that had distributors there isn't much that can be hurt by water on newer cars.
on the frontier that seems pretty hard to do thou, ive sprayed my engine all over so many times ive never had a problem. evadently dont spray your intake thats a DUH! llol other wise there isnt much to worry about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts