Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't Nissan paint the engine bay and under the hood the same color as the exterior of the truck?

I really didn't notice it much on the '15 blue, but with this '17 Forged Copper it is really noticeable that the engine bay is just the base coat.

My local dealership has never had a forged copper truck so I can't go pop the hood and take a look at another. Are all the trucks painted this way?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Something sounds odd.

It's my understanding that bodies are painted with the dip method so the entire part is the same color.

But I have no idea if Nissan does it this way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd, My blue truck is blue under the hood.
Is it the exact same blue as the exterior? Guess I need to seek out a member with the forged copper truck to tell me what the inside of their engine compartment looks like.

I know the engine bay on my blue truck was blue, but not sure if it had the metal flake in it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a white truck and under my hood is as white as the exterior so... ::smile::. I hope that this info helps. ::laugh::

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked at other nissans including high cost 370Z cars. They are all base color under the hood. I guess the base color of the forged copper is just very different from the top color.

Nissan definitely has crappy paint compared to other manufacturers. When you look at the paint closely and from an angle you can sure see a lot of variance in the paint thickness.

·
Registered
544 Posts
While I'm certain that mine is gray (Gun Metallic) under the hood, I couldn't tell you if it is actually the same metallic finish. I'll have to take notice next time I pop the hood...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Odd, My blue truck is blue under the hood.
Is it the exact same blue as the exterior? Guess I need to seek out a member with the forged copper truck to tell me what the inside of their engine compartment looks like. I know the engine bay on my blue truck was blue, but not sure if it had the metal flake in it.
Think its just base coat, but it doesn't look odd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have the forged copper and thought it was odd, but I know some of the colors are more difficult to paint and also more expensive than others to paint. I wonder if that has a role in it on the copper ones? I also wonder if the Titans are the same way...

I don't know how rare forged copper is, but I sure don't see a lot of them and the few I see are SV's and PRO4x's. Took me forever to find a SL short bed in that color!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts