Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Frontier XE 2.5 liter 4 cylinder that I recently bought. I feel really stupid for asking this but does anyone have a link to a diagram showing the location of the engine air filter for this year model truck with the 2.5 liter engine. I don't think it's the same as the 6 cylinder. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Good morning rj- I'm not familiar with that truck, but typically owner's manuals will have line drawings, or maybe photos, showing the air filter box and which fasteners will allow entry into it. Did your truck not come with the manual? You may be able to locate an online version of that manual, or maybe order one through a local Nissan dealer. Local libraries and auto parts stores should have 3rd party service manuals for rent/purchase. I wonder if local auto parts stores (big name stores) have a computerized fiche record with that diagram, maybe to print a copy for you? Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stevet, thank you so much. the truck did come with a manual, but you have helped give me several other good avenues to pursue. I didnt even think about the manual to be honest. Seems like I automatically turn to youtube..lol Which believe it or not, there doesn't seem to be any videos related to what I'm wanting on there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here you go man. With all the information available online you could of simply googled it and found the information needed.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
853 Posts
I don’t own the 4 banger but typically they’re housed in a big a** plastic box

Reactions: Cozz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go man. With all the information available online you could of simply googled it and found the information needed.
Thanks for the helpful info. Apparently I'm not good at googling...lol I've looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything. Looked on youtube, yahoo, google. Found lots of info on all other Nissans and with 6 cylinders but nothing pertaining to engine air filters on 2.5 liter 4 cylinders. But thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the helpful info. Apparently I'm not good at googling...lol I've looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything. Looked on youtube, yahoo, google. Found lots of info on all other Nissans and with 6 cylinders but nothing pertaining to engine air filters on 2.5 liter 4 cylinders. But thanks again.
Actually just looked at your video. It's for a 6 cylinder. I'm looking for a 4 cylinder. But thanks anyway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it's actually for the 4 cylinder, look at clip number 3. I can see where the confusion can come from because the intake pipe runs across the motor like the 6 cylinder but this video is in fact for the 4 cylinder.
Got it . I found something like that but couldn't get it into focus to see any detail. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The video you posted helped me this afternoon. Was replacing the air filter in my son's truck & was struggling to get it cla
The video you posted helped me this afternoon. Was replacing the air filter in my son's truck & was struggling to get the housing clipped back on. The explanation on the video helped so much. Thanks!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
The video you posted helped me this afternoon. Was replacing the air filter in my son's truck & was struggling to get the housing clipped back on. The explanation on the video helped so much. Thanks!!
[/QUOTE]
Glad this was helpful to you. This is what we're here for :)

·
Registered
2009 Frontier XE 4cyl MANUAL
2 Posts
Please.......just follow the air intakes. Those big tubes. Eventually they end up going to the air intake/air cleaner. THAT air cleaner is a PITA to get off anyway. AND a more PITA if you need to change plugs. ALL that will need to come off if changing plugs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts