Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,247 Posts
My local dealer & the dealer I bought from (not the same) are both listing internet prices w/ $500-$2500 discounts depending on trim/packages/etc.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
My local dealer & the dealer I bought from (not the same) are both listing internet prices w/ $500-$2500 discounts depending on trim/packages/etc.
I'll add that my local dealer that has stubbornly added addendums and always puts on their website "call for price" on all frontiers has finally posted MSRP's prices on their website. It's a big deal being they have not done that in almost two years. I think people are one and done with paying over MSRP.

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,247 Posts
I'll add that my local dealer that has stubbornly added addendums and always puts on their website "call for price" on all frontiers has finally posted MSRP's prices on their website. It's a big deal being they have not done that in almost two years. I think people are one and done with paying over MSRP.
It’s been the same here with the “call for price”. I was surprised yesterday when I saw they actually listed a price & small discount.

· Registered
23 Posts
In Houston area, bought my '23 P4X for $2500 below MSRP. The dealer also have me mad value for trade2-in ( non-Nissan vehicle, beat any other trade offer by $2000) and they offered me 4.15% interest in 60 mo loan. I felt that was a pretty great deal these days...

The discount between the '22 & '23 was the same amount, I had come prepared to buy a '22 but for same money it was a no brainer to get the '23.

· Registered
2022 Pro-4X
141 Posts
I think I’m one and done for even paying at MSRP. Every other vehicle in my life I have negotiated sales price on top of incentives.

This market was tough for people without a valuable trade. I wouldn’t have even been able to stomach paying MSRP on a new truck if not for getting out of my previous truck at its original MSRP when selling it.

· Registered
850 Posts
I think I’m one and done for even paying at MSRP. Every other vehicle in my life I have negotiated sales price on top of incentives.

This market was tough for people without a valuable trade. I wouldn’t have even been able to stomach paying MSRP on a new truck if not for getting out of my previous truck at its original MSRP when selling it.
Its time for dealers to start honoring VPP again as well. Nissan never stopped offering it, dealers just refused to accept it.

· Registered
3 Posts
First post because I am a new member here with a new 2023 SV Long Bed 4 X 4 so I guess i can post here.
Ordered a 2022 SV long bed 4X4 cardinal red color and put a deposit on it May16 2022.
My order was caught in the stop sale because of the transmission SBs, parts shortage, assembly line troubles, etc, etc,.
My order changed to a 2023 SV long bed 4X4 with the tech pkg, alloy wheels, cardinal red paint (premium $), and a couple of other minor accessories. It was finally delivered to me on Nov 21 2022 for an MSRP of $43440 which included the $1295 dest charge. Dealer doc fee was $659.
Note: The Boston Nissan dealers were charging up to $2500 doc fees and selling them at MRSP. I bought mine at a Maine dealer in my area.
My dealer is just now getting more lot inventory from Nissan. However if the freight railroads go on stike the first week of Dec there will be inventory shortages again.

· Registered
3,162 Posts
Doc fee's is one of those freebee's for the dealer that's pure profit. Used to always be no more than 50 bucks and was used to cover cost of processing all the registration and title documents with your state DMV. Beings theres no laws regulating it it's blown up into what it is today. If you purchase thru your credit union or employee programs they will usually impose a limit of no more than 75 bucks for this.

· Registered
850 Posts
Doc fee's is one of those freebee's for the dealer that's pure profit. Used to always be no more than 50 bucks and was used to cover cost of processing all the registration and title documents with your state DMV. Beings theres no laws regulating it it's blown up into what it is today. If you purchase thru your credit union or employee programs they will usually impose a limit of no more than 75 bucks for this.
Of all the dealers here.......supplier discounts, friends and family discounts, and employee plans HAVE NEVER EVER negated (or discounted) any doc fees. Surprisingly, employees pay doc fees as well.

I've seen them range from $299 to $899 here. Surely no reason for that high of a doc fee. Dealer profit is what it is.

It even says in the details of some discount plans, that a dealer can still charge a doc fee.

· Registered
2022 Pro-4X
141 Posts
First post because I am a new member here with a new 2023 SV Long Bed 4 X 4 so I guess i can post here.
Ordered a 2022 SV long bed 4X4 cardinal red color and put a deposit on it May16 2022.
My order was caught in the stop sale because of the transmission SBs, parts shortage, assembly line troubles, etc, etc,.
My order changed to a 2023 SV long bed 4X4 with the tech pkg, alloy wheels, cardinal red paint (premium $), and a couple of other minor accessories. It was finally delivered to me on Nov 21 2022 for an MSRP of $43440 which included the $1295 dest charge. Dealer doc fee was $659.
Note: The Boston Nissan dealers were charging up to $2500 doc fees and selling them at MRSP. I bought mine at a Maine dealer in my area.
My dealer is just now getting more lot inventory from Nissan. However if the freight railroads go on stike the first week of Dec there will be inventory shortages again.
Minor thread hijack - Would love to see a picture of the truck. It’s a cool configuration.

· Registered
3 Posts
I will supply a photo(s). You wont believe this but when the truck was received by the dealer on Nov 20, 2022 I had to go out of town until Dec 17 2022 on business. I literally missed my truck by several hrs because of my trip.😤
The dealer delivered it to my house on 21 Nov 2022 so I haven't even seen my new truck sitting in the driveway.
By the way I forgot to say it was a King Cab model. Pix when I get back.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts