Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 02 Frontier V6 crew cab camper shell that I search for used probably about four years ago. It is now at the end of it's current life. It did not have reverse for at least a year before it was almost fully engulfed This weekend I either blew a head gasket or the motor. was wondering if any enthusiast could help me with my dilemma. I do not want to get rid of the truck! However, I would like to keep the chassis and possibly turn into a 4 by 4 with a new transmission because it needs both. Is that at all possible?
The truck is in Wilmington at the moment, so any interested parties with the ability to let me help them possibly work on it for a while no problem there. Youcan call me at 919-594-5773
15959818218747923250278183512516.jpg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
"almost fully engulfed" in what?

Water?
Fire?
Pudding?

·
Registered
Great truck
898 Posts
dang. the easiest way to fix is hit the junkyard and pull form a u-pull type yard. I imagine you have some there as you are in a medium size town. I know there are some up around Jacksonville because I used to go with my brother

·
Registered
315 Posts
Also, you may look for xterras parts. They are all the same up to the rear of the front door. You may need to weld some brackets to the frame as there was some differences between 2wd frame and 4x4 frame. You may also look at desert runner 2wd truck for 4x4 parts as they have the 4x4 frame and suspension. I dont know about their wheel knuckles. Should be easy to spot. If there is a hole to stick a CV axle, it is a 4x4 parts. I can't see why Nissan would have use the 4x4 knuckles as they would only be a hole for stuff to get stock in...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I can't see why Nissan would have use the 4x4 knuckles as they would only be a hole for stuff to get stock in...
It's not unheard of for manufacturers to use 4WD spindles on non-4WD vehicles. Heck even now, late model vehicles like the Ford Edge use the same rear spindles for AWD and FWD models. The FWD just doesn't have CV axles in the rear. And yes, the splined hole for the CV axle is just left open to the elements.

Reactions: Spyke438

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's not unheard of for manufacturers to use 4WD spindles on non-4WD vehicles. Heck even now, late model vehicles like the Ford Edge use the same rear spindles for AWD and FWD models. The FWD just doesn't have CV axles in the rear. And yes, the splined hole for the CV axle is just left open to the elements.
Thanks for the info. Whit that knowledge, I would advice against using a 4x4 spindle that had been use on a 2wd just so it is not "bad" from being open

1 - 7 of 7 Posts