Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just took off the LE emblem of the back of my truck. no problems, used hairdryer, fishing line, and goo-off. got em off an i want to paint them black. sanded down and spraypainted. i want to know

-is spraypaint the best to paint these with? paint seem to just kinda peel off.
- what can i use to re-attach the emblems? went to autozone and they had some like 3m glue. idk what to use.

thanks, search wasnt any help to me so i had to ask.

side note: been under my dads f150 all day, the 4wd wasnt engageing but we got it working again. however, when turning it causes the rear tires to start slipping(on pavement) like the front is locked up a bit. this was in 4hi but i know ur not supposed to use 4wd on pavement.

·
Registered
602 Posts
did u scratch up the finish on the emblem so the paint had something to hold on to?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i sanded it em down with some pretty coarse sand paper. they have sat for 4 hours with 3 coats and it still peels of like a latex.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I recently saw a new spray paint from Krylon called Fusion I think; its supposed to boond to plastic even without prep.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
get 3M double sided tape. Not sure if it's labeled heavy duty or automotive. I know walmart sells it. I'm sure parts stores do too. The tape itself is gray and the backing that you peel off it red. Nice and strong and leaves less mess if you should pull it off later. Avoid the white tape.

Might also have to double up the tape in certain sections to get the thickness required to stick back on.
Here's a pic of it.. sold in smaller rolls than that.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Very cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts