Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 06 XE 5speed recently and today with the windows down I noticed a whistling kinda electrical? whine that is very light at idle but increases as the revs do. Doesn't matter if the car is in gear or not rolling or not.... ideas??? tia, fg:confused:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I dont know if this helps but i had a bit of a problem with some whining that came from the engine compartment it seemed. I can give you some quick advice & go have a look in your engine compartment. See if there is any debree from the road that has possibly lodged itself in or around your fan belt that may get a good knock around when u start it up. I also would look under the tansmission & there should be a heat shield of some sort. See if any dirt is clogging the area around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I looked and no critters or other foreign objects... so I'll go with that's the sound it usually makes. I haven't had the windows down since I bought it and it didn't catch my ear when I test drove it. fg

BTW, those stock rims look great painted , perhaps a quick briefing on how and with what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts