Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to Nissan's and I've never seen an electrical connector like the ones on my 00' Frontier. They have a green push down "switch" in the middle. How do you take these connectors off???

I tried pushing down, pulling but I can't them off. Trying to take off the TPS connector to set the idle speed. Pleas help. Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
sometimes the weatherproofed connectors are a b*tch to get apart. especially by yourself. have a friend push down on the release (the 'switch') while you hold one end of the plug firm with one hand, and pull the other end hard with the other hand. wiggling helps too, and if that fails, while your friend is pressing the release you put a flat head in between the two and twist it a bit to help pry them apart - but don't apply so much pressure as to damage the connector.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Go to our DIY section and download your factory service manual. There is a very good description of the different connectors and how to separate them at the first of the EL section in the FSM.

Good luck!

Heath

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the advice. These connectors are a pain, it's great that we can download the manuals here. I'll read up on the connectors and try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts