Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching....lots of conflicting info.

I want one that can take off lug nuts and maybe do some light suspension work.

If you have one that CAN take off lug nuts, please post the make and model. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just make sure it reads in Foot pounds torque and not inch pounds torque

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The HarborFreight one is what I am planning on buying. I figure it would be enough to remove lug nuts and other suspension bolts. Only issue is that some of the bolts are on a bit tighter then it may be able to overcome but at that point, you will probably need a air gun instead.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hitachi 18v cordless

Get a cordless and a torque stick for tightening. Hitachi makes a great cordless impact wrench. You can get a 100lb torque stick from Snap-0n or inet retailers. Northern Tool had a GREAT deal on impact sockets recently. 21mm is the socket you need for late model Nissan. The impact wrench also came in handy for changing out anode rod in the w.h.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I have a few and perfer makita's cordless impact guns. They are light and smaller then the other brands. I have had a 9.6 makita gun for 10 tens now.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I run Air... But, I'd recommend/get a branded(Dewalt,Mikita) cordless (18v. min.).

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Why would you recommend cordless? Electric is much more durable wouldn't you agree?
II don't know about more durable. I like cordless because due to the freedom they give you. In the shop I use makita more then my air tools. If I have to work under a dash or work on a car in the parking lot I just grab a gun and go.

I also keep one in the truck and it comes in handle on the trails or working at home.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have a 1/2" 18V snap on cordless impact. That thing is a beast. It is for when we take my dad's drag car to the track. His enclosed trailer does not have a compressor on board.

Also have a corded Dewalt impact. Very nice with no issues out of it.

IMO you get what you pay for. All my hand tools are snap on.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Maybe I was a little harsh on the cordless tools. My beef is every year they have different and 'better' battery systems. You get and electric, and you don't have to worry about the buyers remorse next year when they come out with a battery that is lighter and last longer.

But if you must buy something cordless....check this baby out ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
we kill about 15 dewalts a year, that said they are run in ditches and on 1.25 bolts their whole live. We burn them out, snap the shafts, but the most common problem is the rocker style switch burns out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If anyone here is thinking about picking up one of those Milwaukee impacts I would hold off for awhile. Milwaukee just introduced the M18 cordless tool line which has an improved motor design. The V28 tool line will get the improved motor design and the name will be changed to M28.

The current M18 1/2" torque wrench has 450ft/lbs of torque and the existing V28 has 325ft/lbs of torque. Once the M28 comes out it will have more torque than the M18.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
can you guys make a poll, i really want to get one not that expensive but good enough for those minor projects.... all we have in hawaii is home depot, sears, and walmart to buy these things... maybe checkers might have

·
Registered
429 Posts
NiCd is the only rechargable with a life cycle of about 1500 recharges compared with 300-500 for Li-ion.

Warranty information from Milwaukee's website:

*Every MILWAUKEE V™-technology LITHIUM-ION Battery Pack and XC LITHIUM-ION Battery Pack is warranted for five (5) years / 2000 charges from the date of purchase, whichever first occurs. The first 1000 charges or 2 years of the warranty, whichever first occurs, are covered through free replacement of the defective battery. This means that for the earlier of the first 1000 charges or two (2) years from the date of purchase/first charge, a replacement battery will be provided to the customer for any defective battery free of charge. Thereafter, the remaining charges up to a total of 2000 or the remainder of the five (5) year period from the date of purchase, whichever first occurs, will be covered on a pro rata basis. This means that every customer gets an additional 1000 charges or three (3) years of pro rata warranty on the V™-technology LITHIUM-ION Battery Pack and XC LITHIUM-ION Battery Pack depending upon the amount of use.

I work in a welding supply shop and we carry Milwaukee tools so I have had to use the warranty a few times and I have been happy with the service I have received for my customers.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have a milwaukee corded, works ok. ive used it on a couple lifts. but somethings it (or an air powered for that matter) just wont get it. so you gotta break out the 1/2 breaker with a 4 foot pipe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts