Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am reposting this mod because it was lost during the hack.

My truck is having this electric fan installed tommorow (eighteenth). It will remove
10-12 pounds of ugly rotational mass from the crank as well as the power sapping fan.
I expect about a 10 - 15 HP bump and WAY better throttle response.

I have a dyno appointment in Calgary on Monday as soon as I get home with the results i will post them up.

·
Registered
395 Posts
xtremebiker, any updates on this electric fan? I've heard nothing but 100% satisfaction from anyone that has every used it. I'm just curious as to what the actual numbers are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes please post HP gain, and what labor install was!!! Many, many thanks, I think is a great mod.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dealer is keeping it overnight. an emergency came up andthe tech (their best) had to
work on it. so i can't give a butt dyno report till tommorow.

they gave me an 06 titan cc 4x4 with leather to drive when i took it in so i have
something to drive at least.

the titan is WAY slower than my frontier is tho...way way slower.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow, are the Titans really that slow? Or do they just feel slower? That's a sweet deal though while you don't have the Fronty. Any news yet on the truck?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PIMPaLiCiOuS said:
Wow, are the Titans really that slow? Or do they just feel slower? That's a sweet deal though while you don't have the Fronty. Any news yet on the truck?
won't be done till tommorow mornnig sometime, and yes the titans are slower than frontiers...mine anyway

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
how come it just stopped?

Im interested in this mod, but dont know anythign about it. How many fans I need? What specs?

Please share your results

·
Registered
136 Posts
The biggest pain is getting the fan shroud out i have the scratches on my arm to prove it.

To get it off you litterally have to take off the middle intake tube. First by unscrewing all of the hose clamps on either side. The second part is your choice but all i did was basically use a 10mm long socket and unbolt the 2 bolts that hold the tube. After that remove the tube now heres were it gets tricky.

To get the shroud out start by poping off all of the hoses attached to the shroud they just basically pop off.
You have to get the tranny coolant line on the very bottom of the shroud i just accesed them through the sway bar next to the cross member on the passanger side.
The electrical connection on the passanger side of the shroud is a real pain you can just twist the whole connection off the shroud without damaging it if you plan on throwing the shroud away thats what i did.
ok now using the 10mm socket unbolt the 2 screws holding the shroud to the radiator at the top.
What i did from here was let the sroud hang out until i got the fan out. (funble around with the shroud all you want it wont come out until you get the clutch and fan out)
What you need is a socket for the belt tensioner so you can get the belt off the water pump.
Once thats done use a small 5mm wrench to get the 4 bolts off the clutch fan off, its alot easier since you can spin the clutch.
After that hang onto the clutch and push the shroud back towards the engine and remove the clutch through the opening between the shroud and the radiator.
Now all you have to do is remove the shroud from the radiator which shoud be easy since you pope off the tranny cooler line on the bottem just lift straight up and it shoud come out.
Then just take the 4 5mm bolts you used to bolt the pulley shroud back onto the water pump and put the belt back on.

The rest is up to you as to which type of fan and mounting you do. Unfortunetly i dont have any pics of the shroud or removal because i threw it away after i got done with the installation of the electric fans.
I havent done any dynos yet but you certanly notice the power when you are done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts