Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there in e-town with a frontier xterra or pathy?

Furthermore, anyone interested in joining an off-road trip?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yolu should make it down to Calgary, we're planning a run on Sept 19.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe there ain't no-one here from e-town! (at least no active members anyways)
sniff... i guess i'll go out and grovel with some xterra owners...

Although its possible that because theres no-one else responding, I probably have the sweetest fronty in all of Edmonton. Huah

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey man, just found this post.
I am in Edmonton!!

There definately are not many of us that actually mess around with our trucks...

I think I might have seen your truck before, is it black?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man, just found this post.
I am in Edmonton!!

There definately are not many of us that actually mess around with our trucks...

I think I might have seen your truck before, is it black?
Yeah I see a few frontiers around on the road but definitly not enough, most people i see driving them are older dudes with zero mods hahaha

My ride is grey with a color-matched leer

Any mods on yours yet? Any plans on modding?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah I see a few frontiers around on the road but definitly not enough, most people i see driving them are older dudes with zero mods hahaha

My ride is grey with a color-matched leer

Any mods on yours yet? Any plans on modding?
yeah most are just city slicker types... ah well what can you do.

wow I totally just realized that your profile pic is the truck... and yup its grey... oye I did see a lifted black one drive by me a few weeks ago. What side of town are you on? I am just south of Whyte and 99th st and work just off 34th and 99th.

I have 2" Deavers in the rear, 2" spacer up front for now, Nismo intake, Banks exhaust, Cortex, the truck is color matched with bedliner from behind the front wheel all the way to the back bumper inline with the pinch line on the fenders and about 1foot tall on the side, and in a week or 2 a set of light force 170's on the front.
I have not decided if I am just going to lift the front another 1" or so with coils and UCA's or go the full Titan swap. I need to pay off the student loans first then decide if the truck is sticking around long enough. I might go back to the Taco as their is more stuff to do with it, but I really like this truck and how you dont see much of them around.

So Titan swap probably, JWT clutch and flywheel eventually. I would like to do the Stillen SC, but need to find out exactly how to make it work because I am not going to use Stillens computer sh*t on it as it sucks. Will hopefully be fabbing up a rear bumper and sliders for it this next summer with a friend, and Shrockworks for the front and skids with more lights of course haha.

I was also looking into building a rack storage system of some sort on the drivers side rear because the king cab is useless for having a person behind me due to my height. Maybe a swing out tire carrier also, onboar air where the spare used to be, or maybe fuel where the spare used to be, who knows...

Long confusing list, and there is probably more to it... its only money right haha

Do you have a pic of your Thule on the canopy? I dh and thats why I dont have a canopy on my truck but have looked into possibly putting a rack ontop.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hah sounds like you got lots of plans, I gotta hold off any more mods on mine until I"m done school which is probably gonna be for a looong time. Kinda crazy how both of ours are really similar, with the excpetion of the intakes, which is good cuz i'd like to have a look at the NISMO up close and you can take a look at the thule if i can find where i put the bars...

I"m on the southwest side in terwillegar but i'll be moving just off 23rd and rabbit hill soon. As for that titan swap, I called a spare parts place and they had lots of titan parts stocked up, could definitly cut down on your cost

·
Registered
252 Posts
yeah too damn many, but who knows how many of those will ever come to light...
What are you taking? I just finished up and now have to get paid off and a career rolling, definately slows the truck mods down for sure.

Yeah they are almost the same. The Nismo intake is just a big tube haha, I put an AEM dryflow on instead of the stock oiled filter.

I would love to take a look at the rack, it would give me some good ideas for sure.
Good ol Terwillegar, some nice trails down there. We arent too far apart then at all.
What was the name of this parts place?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I"m at NAIT taking respiratory therapy, what'd you just get?

And they're not the same! I got an air box, you've got a huge open filter with a heat sheild. Many would argue that you get bigger HP numbers but I get more torque, which suits me just fine cuz my canopy is heavy as crap...

The thule racks are solid tho, i've held a stupid amount of weight on them and carried even more in the box, but thats another story

And there ain't much trails left in terwillegar, they're all getting developed and stuff now, unless you know a few. I reccomend a meet at Tims on 23rd and rabbit hill, followed by a bit of off-roading this weekend before the weather gets really, really bad. I'll see if I can get anyone else interested down...

I think the place was black diamond import parts... but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
252 Posts
I"m at NAIT taking respiratory therapy, what'd you just get?

And they're not the same! I got an air box, you've got a huge open filter with a heat sheild. Many would argue that you get bigger HP numbers but I get more torque, which suits me just fine cuz my canopy is heavy as crap...

The thule racks are solid tho, i've held a stupid amount of weight on them and carried even more in the box, but thats another story

And there ain't much trails left in terwillegar, they're all getting developed and stuff now, unless you know a few. I reccomend a meet at Tims on 23rd and rabbit hill, followed by a bit of off-roading this weekend before the weather gets really, really bad. I'll see if I can get anyone else interested down...

I think the place was black diamond import parts... but don't quote me on that
Nait is a kick *** school, I just finished Instrumentation Engineering a year and a half ago. It was the best decision I ever made.

Yeah but for Edmonton you have to take what you can get, the only decent DH run is either Rabbit Hill or the 30 second "Bobsled Run" in Mckinnon Ravine...

This weekend might be a bit tough. We are doing our inventory at work this weekend, I have to go in tomorrow. Sunday I am not sure exactly what the plan is yet. I have a buddy with an X that would probably come too. I will keep an eye on this page, let me know if you get a plan going.

Where abouts do you go around here?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya my weekend just got a bit more complicated, but maybe try for next weekend if the weather holds out.

Funny you mention taking instrumentation, by sisters boyfriend is in that program right now and my brother finished it a while back, but he made the bright decision to not work in it at all and is wasting his time working for a bike company now hahaha

I'll see if my buddy with an older gen pathfinder is interested in coming out as well, but i think hes gotta get his nuts back from is GFs purse first...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ya my weekend just got a bit more complicated, but maybe try for next weekend if the weather holds out.

Funny you mention taking instrumentation, by sisters boyfriend is in that program right now and my brother finished it a while back, but he made the bright decision to not work in it at all and is wasting his time working for a bike company now hahaha

I'll see if my buddy with an older gen pathfinder is interested in coming out as well, but i think hes gotta get his nuts back from is GFs purse first...
yeah for sure man no worries.
Your brother isnt Braden Warick is it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah for sure man no worries.
Your brother isnt Braden Warick is it?
hahah wow, how'd ya know?

Also, with the amount of views on this thread i'm surprised more people havn't chimed in to let us know they're in edmonton, It'd be kinda cool if we could get a regular frontier meet once in a while, actually, that'd look awesome, a dozen frontiers, xterras, pathys, and titans pulling into a parking lot.... i just got shivers

·
Registered
252 Posts
hahah wow, how'd ya know?

Also, with the amount of views on this thread i'm surprised more people havn't chimed in to let us know they're in edmonton, It'd be kinda cool if we could get a regular frontier meet once in a while, actually, that'd look awesome, a dozen frontiers, xterras, pathys, and titans pulling into a parking lot.... i just got shivers
holy shiat hahaha I was in the same grad class as him, we even own the same bike, assuming he still runs a Marin Quake. Are you Bret then? do you also know Owain Bamforth?

Yeah tell me about it, there is only like 3 of us... ah well I guess we are just unique haha

side questions, how do you like the Bilstein 5125's? worth the extra coin?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am Bret ya.... and I've known Owain since grade 7 hahaha

The bilstein 5125s aer pretty wicked, not gonna lie, the back suspension of my frontier has been absolutely money since I put in the deavers and the 5125s, but its hard to say exactly how much they improved the ride seen as how I installed them at the same time. I think they were worth the extra dollers from PRG because I kinda deemed it neccesary to upgrade to better shocks anyways with the deavers. Also they're nice to get seen as how PRG fixes them up to run on nissans, and they're good for 100 000 miles, which suits me just find hahaha

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am Bret ya.... and I've known Owain since grade 7 hahaha

The bilstein 5125s aer pretty wicked, not gonna lie, the back suspension of my frontier has been absolutely money since I put in the deavers and the 5125s, but its hard to say exactly how much they improved the ride seen as how I installed them at the same time. I think they were worth the extra dollers from PRG because I kinda deemed it neccesary to upgrade to better shocks anyways with the deavers. Also they're nice to get seen as how PRG fixes them up to run on nissans, and they're good for 100 000 miles, which suits me just find hahaha
haha small world, Owain worked at Hardcore which is the shop that I get my bike fixed at and occasionally ride with.

Yeah I think I am going to go with them, the deavers were a pretty amazing increase already. I just need to make the front match... TITAN SWAP!! haha

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha small world, Owain worked at Hardcore which is the shop that I get my bike fixed at and occasionally ride with.

Yeah I think I am going to go with them, the deavers were a pretty amazing increase already. I just need to make the front match... TITAN SWAP!! haha
You just running on the stock rear shocks then? If so then you'll notice a HUGE difference if you put the 5150s on

If you do manage to get enough scratch for a Titan swap let me know i'll come and give you a hand for a bit, I'd love to see exactly what needs to be done in case I decide to go down that road in the future

If anything I'll probably end up going with new upper arms and bigger shocks, not sure if I'm going to stack them with the PRG spacers I already have or see if i can trade them back in a year and a half as long as Greg still has that offer

·
Registered
252 Posts
You just running on the stock rear shocks then? If so then you'll notice a HUGE difference if you put the 5150s on

If you do manage to get enough scratch for a Titan swap let me know i'll come and give you a hand for a bit, I'd love to see exactly what needs to be done in case I decide to go down that road in the future

If anything I'll probably end up going with new upper arms and bigger shocks, not sure if I'm going to stack them with the PRG spacers I already have or see if i can trade them back in a year and a half as long as Greg still has that offer
Yeah just stocks in the rear now, I really want the upgrade though for sure.

For sure man, that would be great. Not too sure exactly when that will be happening, gotta get a wedding ring first haha.
New uppers and coils was my other option that I am looking at too, I just want to do the Titan to be different. Probably the only guy in Canada with one...
Whats this 1.5 year PRG thing?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah just stocks in the rear now, I really want the upgrade though for sure.

For sure man, that would be great. Not too sure exactly when that will be happening, gotta get a wedding ring first haha.
New uppers and coils was my other option that I am looking at too, I just want to do the Titan to be different. Probably the only guy in Canada with one...
Whats this 1.5 year PRG thing?
Somewhere on his website he says that if you buy spacers from them and want to upgrade to coilovers he'll give you $100 back for them or something, its been aboout half a year since I bought them so 1.5 years hahaha

And once that ring is on I think you might have to forget about further truck mods, best to do the titan swap first hahha

PRG had a 4wd titan kit for ~ 3Gs USD, looked really sharp, but seen as how you allready have some of the parts, you could probably just order extended shafts, then get a used full set of titan upper & lower arms + coilovers from Black Gold import parts for a heckuva lot cheaper

·
Registered
252 Posts
hmm thats not a bad deal at all, might have to bring that up. The only reason I have not ordered my shocks yet is because Greg "owes" me some money, I say it like that because its complicated haha.

I want to look into swapping the entire titan front end in, diff and all. then get some longer coilovers for extra travel. That way I not only have a longer travel front end but a strong one as well, the ol 2 birds you know. Sounds simple but I am sure there is much more to it that I have not researched yet as that always seems to be the case...

Anyways, I am hoping for more snow before going out and playing with the truck so fingers crossed. When we get some we should head out to the pits and play a bit.

Do you know any good areas around here?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts