Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt find in search, but where is our ecu number? Is it the one on the ECU housing? Reason i ask is cuz i finally getting ready to get my Uprev tuner but i heard that some ECUs are not fully supported.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Your 08 will be fine. I was Uprev's guinea pig for the new computers on the 08 models. I think the number is on the ecu, if not I think you can call a parts house with your vin # and they can get it for you. I think. I just went to uprev personally and they hooked their laptop up to my ECU via my obdII port and got my ECU info from that data download they did. If you are going to a local uprev protuner, they should be able to do the same.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nissan has it with Vin like Rodney said, or you pull off the software in the ecu. Jags are the same. You have a partial part number for the ecu, but what is needed is the SOFTWARE version its running and this comes up when you go into communications with the ecu. the ecu is just a computer without software, depending on what you load, depends on what it does. years ago manufacturers made preprogrammed ecu for apps. this gets very expensive and obsolite, so now ecu are generic and the dealer loads the software/programs based upon vin/options/current latest software

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Thanks guys! Just trying to figure out how to get my truck tuned after some mods im planning to do. Technically, we have a pro tuner here in this state. Unfortunatly its seperated from me by 300miles of ocean. Being on an island sucks sometimes! And the guy who had pretty much the only dyno was selling it awhile back so i dont know if he still has it. Can prob get a base tune but gotta find somewhere to get zeroed in.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
while it more time consuming, you can send you ecu to Uprev, or buy Osirus and Cypher. then you can do it all through email with Uprev. You can get a base tune based on what you have, then run datalogs driving down the road from idle to redline for full power tune tweeks, and other part throttle runs and cruise. You can end up with a better tune that dyno cause your doing real world driving conditions

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds good. When you did your s/c, injectors ect, how did you get to uprev? Did they send you a base tune for you to drive there with? I understand you tossed the piggyback and with the bigger injectors id dont think driving around without some kind of tune would end well! I guess what im getting at is if i was to go that route with my S/C, would it be ok to run the base map while waiting for them to etune my datalogs? I understand it can take up to two weeks. Thanks alot for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts