Nissan Frontier Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have been asking me about getting a group buy on these fuel filters well here it is. These things are getting many of us Titan owners anywhere from 1.5 mpg to upwards of 2 mpg better. With prices where they are these things really pay for themselves quick. Get in on this buy while you can.

ECO #2 at $207.00

To oder e-mail [email protected] and provide the following info.

1) Name, Address, City, State, Zip
2) Type of Eco Filter (either ECO #2) desired.
3) Say that you are a ClubFrontier member. (this is required to get the discount)

After e-mail is sent Ben Talamantez will send an invoice via e-mail back to you confirming unit type, etc. When payment is confirmed,Units will be sent via USPS to member. (SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN THE BELOW PRICES)

·
Registered
31 Posts
This sounds like a great product. I'm really interested in buying one, but I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. I looked at the website but didn't get any answers to these questions.

1. Can this be installed at home or do you need a certified mechanic to install it?
2. Will it affect a new vehicle's warranty? I.E. void anything?
3. Has anyone used the Eco-2 on a 2004-2006 Frontier with any noteworthy results?
4. Will this be beneficial on a 2006 Frontier or should i wait until it has a few miles on it?

Thanx for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys this thing could not be easier to install. It litterally takes less than 5 minutes and NO you don't have to be a certified mechanic or really have any mechanicl background.

Here is the install on a Titan

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12965&highlight=Filter+install

It will not void waranty.
It will improve fuel mileage on everything from motorcycles to big rigs. There are filters made for each application.
I can't say enough about these filters. Only wish I had invented them.
Its great to add performance, save gas and money, and help keep the planet cleaner.
Not many products if any can bost those claims.
M4ck

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
new filter = better milage.........better milage comes from less restriction......less restriction = worse filteration.........worse filteration = dirty fuel............dirty fuel = bad news!!! right???

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
livin_loud said:
new filter = better milage.........better milage comes from less restriction......less restriction = worse filteration.........worse filteration = dirty fuel............dirty fuel = bad news!!! right???
I will read that again tomorrow and try to make sense of it. I am really messed up on pain pills right now. I have an inner ear infection and took some Loritab. I can barely think right now. If anyone else can answer or make sense please do so.
sorry
m4ck

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tattoomee said:
Can Titan owners that are members of ClubFrontier get the Discount? :D :D
I don't see why not. But this is for an Eco#2 you need an Eco3 for the Titan
m4ck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't believe it. Some light needs to brought upon this. Last year, Popular Mechanics tested several mpg gadgets (check out the link below or search for "fuel economy gadgets" at their website) and NONE of them work. Some of them actually decreased fuel economy and others posed a danger of damaging the engine should they fail. They didn't test this gadget but many of the others make the same type of claim to maximise efficiency, power or whatever. This $200 plus gadget is supposed to alter in some way the hydrocarbon bonds of the fuel? You mean it's splitting molecules? Come on, how stupid do you think I am? Some might say "Well, it's expensive so it has to work, right?" Wrong. Several of the gadgets Popular Mechanics tested were also expensive. "Well, they put the thing on city vehicles so it has to work, right?" Wrong again. You think municipalities have never been hoodwinked. "But they have such a swell website." Anyone can make a website. And who are you going to believe? Popular Mechanics, who has a very good reputation, or someone trying to get several hundred dollars out of your wallet? I'd trust Popular Mechanics. They have no motive in misleading me. As quoted in the PM article:

"Your vehicle already burns over 99 percent of the fuel you pay for. Less than 1 percent is squandered as partially burned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide before the exhaust hits the catalytic converter for the last laundering. Even if one of these miracle gadgets could make the combustion process 100 percent complete, the improvement in mileage resulting would be 1 percent."

I would love to be wrong about this. I would like nothing more than to be able to install a gadget and get better mileage but nearly every single device sold as an fuel economy maximiser, miracle or whatever you want to call it doesn't work. Period. I hope the administrator of this forum doesn't remove this post since the purveyor of this gadget is a sponsor. You would be doing a diservice to the members if you did.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1802932.html?page=1&c=y

Jdham

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now let's talk about payoff. A 4l v-6 2006 Frontier gets 17 city and 21 highway according to EPA estimates. If you have the 4x4 NISMO crew cab your mileage is 15 and 20 respectively. As we all know in the real world, nobody ever gets the estimated mileage so lets go with 17 mpg overall. Let's say you spend $207 for this gadget, how long until it has paid itself off? Let's use $2.50 per gallon of gas as our base figure. If we get a savings of 2.0 mpg as quoted above, at 17 mpg average, your saving about 8.5%. To make the math easy, 10% of $2.50 is $.25 so lets go with $.30 savings per gallon of gas. Thirty cents goes into $207 690 times. So you would have to use 690 gallons of gas to break even on $207 if my math is correct. At 17 mpg, you would have to drive 11,730 miles just to break even. Not a great return on an investment that is dubious at best. You can probably get a better return on a bank CD with interest rates currently on the rise. It's even worse if you only get the 1.5 mpg improvement quoted above. And if it doesn't work at all, it of course never pays for itself.

Jdham

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey I don't sell these things I was asked to set up a group buy by you members. This is because you guys requested it. If you don't believe it works by all means keep spending $3.00 a gallon and keep getting less than 100% fuel efficiancy and keep poluting the planet.
What I have told you is the truth about my vehicle and I have told you not to take my word or the word of the vendor selling this product. Instead go over to Clubtitan.org and look at the 100 or so people over there who will tell you it does work and how well its is working for them. Also do your own research not on other products that don't work but on this product by third parties or news organizations that have no reason whatsoever of lying to you and see that some of them are getting almost 30% increase on their MPG. I am saving about $10.00 every time I fill up. Now you were talking about return on investment. If I fill up 2 times a week thats $20.00 a week. It will only take me 10 weeks to break even. Thats 2 1/2 months. Where I'm from that aint too bad. Especially for guys who use their vehicle to commute long ways or who actually use their truck to work everyday. Read how well these things have helped real people over at www.clubtitan.org and then make a decision. Trust me when I started having members over there asking me to set up a group buy on it I just laughed to myself. Not until I went and did some research and read a lot of reviews from people who had nothing to gain from it did I even let the group buy happen. Heck I even figured it was snake oil till I got one myself. I like it so much that I have people where I work bugging me to get them for them and they don't even have a Titan. They just see that the product is working for me and want one for themselves. They have even proven to increase HP on motorcycles as well as improving gas mileage.
Again don't take my word for it though do your own research don't just lump this product in with the rest of the gizmos and gadgets that dont work. Once you have gotten all the info if you still don't think its a good product then fine. I will still keep it in my truck and keep reaping the benefits.
I am sold on this thing.
M4ck

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
m4ck said:
livin_loud said:
I will read that again tomorrow and try to make sense of it. I am really messed up on pain pills right now. I have an inner ear infection and took some Loritab. I can barely think right now. If anyone else can answer or make sense please do so.
sorry
m4ck
I'll take a stab at this one...

First off, the Eco 2 is not a fuel filter, and it does not replace the exsisting fuel filter. It would probably be better described as a fuel catylst in that it causes a chemical reaction that effect the way the fuel burn, i.e. cleaner, thus more effecient!

I e-mail Ben yesterday and am waiting for a reply. I am interested in trying this thing, and I'm willing to do a write-up with results so folks can see if it makes a difference, and if so how much of a difference!

At this point, an increase of another 1.5 mpg would put me right at 20 mpg on my daily commute, which is very exciting to me! Yea, it's a lot of money, but over the life of the vehicle it will pay for itself, and help redure harmful emissions in the process. To me, That's a big plus!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
m4ck said:
Again don't take my word for it though do your own research don't just lump this product in with the rest of the gizmos and gadgets that dont work. Once you have gotten all the info if you still don't think its a good product then fine. I will still keep it in my truck and keep reaping the benefits.
I am sold on this thing.
M4ck
And... It's got a 100% satisfaction guarranty,so if it doesn't work for you, or you don't like it, you can return it! I have read the posts on ClubTitan and there were some folks who weren't satisfied (unfortunately, some people are never satisfied), and Ben refunded their money! So, the way I look at it, I have nothing to loose by giving it a try!

·
Registered
3 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
And... It's got a 100% satisfaction guarranty,so if it doesn't work for you, or you don't like it, you can return it! I have read the posts on ClubTitan and there were some folks who weren't satisfied (unfortunately, some people are never satisfied), and Ben refunded their money! So, the way I look at it, I have nothing to loose by giving it a try!
I'll try it... After I see a few posts about the benefits that actual users have received from it. I get a pretty stable 19 mpg with my v6 Frontier. But with my Dodge Avenger that just died, I got a stable 29 mpg and 34 on the freeway. I love my truck but I would do just about anything THAT REALLY WORKS to get better gas mileage.

Tim

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am interested and may give this a try as well!

currently I am fluctuating between 15.6 - 16.3

sometimes the torque just gets to me :twisted:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Remember, absolutely nobody thought the grounding kit would work and how many people have jumped on that bandwagon.

We really have nothing to loose, as 05_Nismo_4x4 said!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
outlnder said:
Remember, absolutely nobody thought the grounding kit would work and how many people have jumped on that bandwagon.

Exactly, and how many people bashed the TBS? I noticed a nice improvement in my low end after installing the TBS, as well as a slight improvement in gas mileage! Unfortunately most of the folks who say they don't work have never tried them, so they really have nothing to base their judgement on.

I have read the articles and news reports on many of the gas saving devices out there that make tremendous claims, but deliver nothing! But, I don't ever recall the Eco-System being included in any of those reviews!

I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a fair chance!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
outlnder said:

Exactly, and how many people bashed the TBS? I noticed a nice improvement in my low end after installing the TBS, as well as a slight improvement in gas mileage! Unfortunately most of the folks who say they don't work have never tried them, so they really have nothing to base their judgement on.

I have read the articles and news reports on many of the gas saving devices out there that make tremendous claims, but deliver nothing! But, I don't ever recall the Eco-System being included in any of those reviews!

I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a fair chance!
ive aready emailed ben @ eco and i plan to give it a try. btw the eco 1 for those of us with 4 cyl toys is i think he said 109.00. For that kind of money i think its a good deal especially if i can get 2- 2.5 mpg boost. since i drive 3000 miles a month it won't take long to pay for itself.

btw he seems really helpful, he even offered to help me install it since he comes to my part of the world ever so often.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I e-mailed him too and I'm waiting on a reply. From what M4ck says it's a pretty straight forward installation! Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon. What part of the country you from?

1 - 20 of 265 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.