Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time in the garage working on the brakes this week. The old pads didn't have much life left and I wanted to change them before winter hit. I chose the 7000 pads to help when plowing. I like blank rotors better than slotted or drilled.

I cleaned everything well, painted the calipers with VHT caliper spray paint, and lubed everything with Permatex ceramic extreme lube (purple). Talk about colors! I flushed and blead the lines with freash fluid. It was looking nasty after a few years. I swapped out the wheels for fall. LOL

Now I have to brake easy for 200 miles before they are fully bedded. I went for a long drive today. So far so good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How have the upgraded brake pads been working out for you? Did it help with the soft pedal feel these trucks have?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My pedal has never been soft. Under normal driving I notice more bite than the old setup. I have yet to slam on the brakes or fully bed them as per EBC's instructions.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you dont mind sharing, how much did they cost?

Ill be updating my front brakes before the winta
$87.42 for the rotors RK7402
$89.19 for the pads DP71747
Autoanything.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bedding in the pads properly will change how they stop by a good margin. I would recommend following their procedure when you get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts