Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the third brake light came in today. However, what I thought would be a ten minute job will have to wait until this weekend.

Pigtail will have to be reworked. :frown:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I'd scrape off some insulation off the "hot" wire for the brake, and solder on a pigtail wire for the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well damn, that sucks. Any pics of the new light off the truck?
I did check the fit before deciding to work with this one instead of sending it back. This is the only pic so far but it still has the plastic protection on it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have the same one and the same problem with the plug. Been a few years now. One half of the cargo light dosen't work. It also leaks water into the cab. They look great though (sliver when off) , and when lit the LED is blindingly bright.

·
Registered
16 Posts
having the same exact issue let me know what you end up doing. I didn't want to just splice wire to wire so i looked for an adaptor similar to the stock one with no luck. I tried O reilly, Auto zone, local LED shop and radio shack. I tried to pull the wires out of the stock adaptor so I could splice the wires into the adaptor but the wires wouldn't come out without me damaging the adaptor. At this point it's just sitting in my garage. What a waste of money.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post pics when I out it together. Crappy weather right now, when it gets a little warmer so that the sealer I use for leak will set I'll begin the project.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
sorry to say but this thread is full of fail. After rereading page 1, I see at least 2 people in the same predicament because "the plugs don't fit together and splicing is too complicated".

·
Registered
246 Posts
sorry to say but this thread is full of fail. After rereading page 1, I see at least 2 people in the same predicament because "the plugs don't fit together and splicing is too complicated".
I don't see where anyone said splicing was too complicated. Some folks would rather take the time to look for an adapter to keep the job looking clean and professionally done before they start hacking up the wiring, soldering, and shrink wrapping. There's nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update: I emailed the vendor and complained that the harness connector wasn't correct. He offered to either refund all the money and I return it or take 12.99 off the purchase price and keep it. I opted for the reduced price. I've started working on the light harness.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay we finally got some decent weather in Houston. Here are some pics of the install. Wires were soldered then heat shrink tubing applied to each run. RTV silicone used on bolt holes and around seal.

Brake light on

Cargo lights on

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Okay we finally got some decent weather in Houston. Here are some pics of the install. Wires were soldered then heat shrink tubing applied to each run. RTV silicone used on bolt holes and around seal.

Brake light on

Cargo lights on
Your back window needs a ClubFrontier.org sticker. ::grin::

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
12 Participants
Lngrn36
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing