Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm with Swift on this one, and I'm about as lazy as it gets. You can buy a complete drop in set-up from HIDprojectors for the same kinda scratch and they use arguably better components. You can also DIY it for half the price. If you're worried about screwing something up, head to a wrecker, pick up a set up of headlights and mess with them. Then you can sell you factory lights, make most of your money back and be off to the races.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/morimoto-hid-projector-retrofit-how-86215/ gives you a pretty good idea how to do it, even if the pictures are gone. (Thanks, photobucket)

Reactions: Contra

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
They look stupid, straight out of the first Fast and Furious movie, which was back in 2001.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does anyone know how the Canadian Daytime Running Lights are dealt with doing a retrofit?
My old Jetta and Sentra both had drop in ballast kits from previous owners and I didn't have DRL. That said, if you're gonna do it properly you could buy halos and use them as a DRL, or my plan is to wire LED strips in on the bottom of the assembly to get that fancy new Lexus swag. If you have fogs you could probably bamboozle the system into using them as your running lights. Hell if you're really ambitious you could put diodes in the recesses of a gattling gun type shroud and go that route. Or just run without them until you get a fix-it ticket.

Edit: a quick Google shows that Morimoto already has a solution, or you can wire in a capacitor to the DRL circuit that will prevent flicker and allow you to retain the factory design. I still think halos or an LED strip is the way to go. +15 street cred is worth the effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts