Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try one of the cheap cat backs off of eBay or Amazon? I've seen them under several different names across ebay and Amazon. 170-180 bucks for everything. Pretty cheap. Curious if anyone was brave enough to try one

· Registered
688 Posts
TOFTT nice Gazlay43 Id like to see it also I looked at your link an did notice one thing it didn't say anything about about CC/XC or long/short bed Amazon just said it fit which are you driving? as I found most offerings wont fit mine seems they were made for CC/SB or XC/LB mines CC/LB an couldn't justify blowing round $600 for a new one but at that price I might look into it some more Keep us posted

· Registered
688 Posts
For the price though you could always cut it and add an extension piece to make it work for the long bed
Thanks yeah I know just wasn't a Gibson or other name brand an even though its only $2bills it's not something I wanted to just throw $ at it and it be junk(been burned b4 on other things). I really had given up an wasn't looking anymore for one till you posted this an will look into it. One consideration is it's just more connections more spots for movement an leakage plus I came from the salt belt north east an pothole capitol NY and those were usually the first spots to fail.

I do appreciate you TOFTT or at least for me lol

Keep posting an let us all know how it is when you receive an install the exhaust

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well the exhaust came early. I must say, I'm actually pretty impressed with it so far. It came packaged pretty nicely and to my surprise none of the pieces were smashed, dented or ovaled. The quality actually seems to be pretty good. The welds don't look half bad either. It could easily be mistaken for a 400-600 dollar cat back. The real test will be seeing how well it actually fits. I probably won't be able to find time to put it on for about a week, but like I said, I will keep you all updated. Here's a few pictures

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually found some time to put the exhaust on a few hours ago. Everything actually fit together pretty well. No major issues. The only complaints I have are that the muffler hangs a little low for my liking and the tailpipe is angled a little strangely. It kind of points at the lower corner of the bumper. I can't turn the pipe enough to avoid it without hitting the tow hitch. Not a huge deal. I also broke one of the exhaust clamps, but that was my fault. For what I paid I can't complain. Its definitely a bit louder than I'd like since it's a V6, but that's to be expected with how small the muffler is. It's hardly noticeable at idle, a little more rumble, but once you step on it, you know it's there. Overall I'm happy with it. For under 200 bucks it's worth it. The craftsmanship and fit is definitely better than what I thought I'd be getting for 180 bucks. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. I'll also let you guys know how the drone is at highway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If wanting to tone it down some, installing a Vibrant Ultra Quiet (or equivalent at an exhaust shop) in the tailpipe section might also allow for re-aiming the tip more to your liking.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.