Nissan Frontier Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another easy mod - auto-dimming rear view mirror. $60 total cost and installation takes 20 minutes to remove old mirror (small and ugly), install new one, and then connect two wires to a harness behind the lamps.

Here is the mirror that I've used:
This is exactly the same mirror that is installed on a factory Dodge Challenger Hellcat. It comes with no installation instruction, but it has everything you need for wiring.

To connect, remove the head lamp assembly (just pull it, no screws there) and use snap-on connectors (included with the mirror) to connect. Connect red wire to BLUE (thicker one, ignition power) and black to BLACK (ground).

·
Registered
191 Posts

planed w/ rebuild
amazon ,10 bucks in a 98 fronty next to air bag off key .will be doing e fan mod and wanted to be able to watch volts in case a alt. upgrade is warranted--or just replace cig. lighter if you don't use it,they also make em to look like a toggle switch to fit rectangular blanks in dash//theirs a surprising quantity of different volt meters on amazon to fit many tastes,,lots under 20 bucks
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NNX45B9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3TPCJDGCPP8OK&psc=1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another easy mod - auto-dimming rear view mirror. $60 total cost and installation takes 20 minutes to remove old mirror (small and ugly), install new one, and then connect two wires to a harness behind the lamps.

Here is the mirror that I've used:
This is exactly the same mirror that is installed on a factory Dodge Challenger Hellcat. It comes with no installation instruction, but it has everything you need for wiring.

To connect, remove the head lamp assembly (just pull it, no screws there) and use snap-on connectors (included with the mirror) to connect. Connect red wire to BLUE (thicker one, ignition power) and black to BLACK (ground).
Can this be used on the stock 2019 SV with the regular mirror? I definitely want to do more easy mods for my truck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another idea for an easy mod. I've found a previous gen Nissan Pathfinder on a local autowrecking. Nissan Pathfinder has a nicer interior comparing to non-SL Frontiers. Front door trims have cloth inserts and made out of a soft-touch plastic, and they fit crew cab Frontier perfectly.
I've paid $60 for both front door trims and replaced my old scratched door trims with these ones. Look way better!
Rear door trims don't fit thought, but I don't care - the only passenger that I have in the rear is my dog.

Attachments

101 - 106 of 106 Posts