Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently added the PRG 1.5 front spacers to my 2018 P4X. Finally had some free time with this virus shutting everything down! I wanted a simple way to get the truck level without any chance of coil bucket contact and want to run stock 265/75 tires. Installed the spacers myself during a brake job. Had an alignment with adjustable cam bolts and it drives real nice However I am a bit torn on if it sits higher in the front than the rear now. I feel like a 1/2 inch lift in the rear would be perfect but I don't mind leaving it as is either. Maybe I am being to particular about the Fronty ? Plus I don't know of any kit that lifts 1/2 inch. I feel like a 1/2in leaf block would be perfect. Let me know what you think. Thanks - you guys rock!

Stock

1.5 front spacer

·
Registered
679 Posts
Smallest I've seen are 1 inch blocks. That being said the stock leaf springs will flatten a bit over the miles and you'll likely end up at 1/2" anyhow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Carry anything in that bed and you’ll be pointing your headlights up. I figured on a lift in front like yours and a add a leaf in the back, want lift and capacity.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Firestone RideRites could be a very nice option as well, put about 12PSI in them and you'll be leveled out or reverse raked, plus when you haul, you can inflate them more. I installed mine about a yr ago and they're great, have hauled mulch, dirt, furniture, and towed a 3k# plus trailer, no issues at all. Mine were $300.17 all in, I think they're somewhat cheaper now.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if you look quick it looks just okay . Now if you really look at it and see it everyday it would bother me.

I would call greg and see what he recommends.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i run the same spacer on my 18 SV. I am happy with where mine sits. sometimes i feel as though its too low in the front, sometimes too high in the front. think it just depends on the slope of the surface i am parked on which to me means it is truly level. i dig how yours looks, given it does look a little higher than mine in the front. Ill dig up a photo shortly. If i end up going bigger later in life i will consider going 1" differencein the front rather than 1.5, but im happy with where it is now. At the end of the day, if it bothers you, change it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies everyone ? much appreciated. I like the idea of the air bag setup so it can be adjusted. install doesn't seem too tricky either. Might prevent the leaf springs from flattening too much over time too. I plan to drive this truck for a long time. Thanks and stay healthy ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yours looks nice and level. Are those 285 ko2s? Looks great!
just stock size 265/75/16. the ko2's bulky edge fills the well quite a bit better than other tires, i think. might also be the extra rim width, not sure. Thanks man! Yours seems to sit a bit higher than mine. my stock shocks have already taken a beating on trails and i'm obviously running the stock SV shocks compared to the stock billsteins, maybe that extra firmness is causing a little extra height?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yours looks nice and level. Are those 285 ko2s? Looks great!
looking at your stock photo, your truck stock also looked like it had less rake than mine to start with. I had new leafs put in the back at like 25k, mine were cracked from the prior owner. maybe my back leafs just haven't sagged yet after 8k miles or so.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Recently added the PRG 1.5 front spacers to my 2018 P4X. Finally had some free time with this virus shutting everything down! I wanted a simple way to get the truck level without any chance of coil bucket contact and want to run stock 265/75 tires. Installed the spacers myself during a brake job. Had an alignment with adjustable cam bolts and it drives real nice However I am a bit torn on if it sits higher in the front than the rear now. I feel like a 1/2 inch lift in the rear would be perfect but I don't mind leaving it as is either. Maybe I am being to particular about the Fronty ? Plus I don't know of any kit that lifts 1/2 inch. I feel like a 1/2in leaf block would be perfect. Let me know what you think. Thanks - you guys rock!

Stock
View attachment 315458

1.5 front spacer View attachment 315459
Doesn’t that truck have Bilsteins? A 1.5” front end hike would level but I’m thinking it had already been leveled. In any event, the shocks can adjust without a spacer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesn’t that truck have Bilsteins? A 1.5” front end hike would level but I’m thinking it had already been leveled. In any event, the shocks can adjust without a spacer.
I think you may be thinking of 5100 Bilsteins (adjustable) the stock p4x shock is a 4600(not adjustable). I just have the stock ones. Thanks for the reply! Leaning towards just biting the bullet and installing the air bags. Then I can adjust the rear to whatever I want.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I think you may be thinking of 5100 Bilsteins (adjustable) the stock p4x shock is a 4600(not adjustable). I just have the stock ones. Thanks for the reply! Leaning towards just biting the bullet and installing the air bags. Then I can adjust the rear to whatever I want.
Remember the more air pressure you use to raise the truck the rougher the ride. The air bags are only good for heavier loads imo.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
However I am a bit torn on if it sits higher in the front than the rear now.
Didn't see any mention of this in the thread... so I'll ask - did you even bother actually measuring the fender gap between the top of the tires and the highest part of the arch of the fender opening?

Anyhow - IMO it looks higher in the front... simply judging by visual I agree with the others who suggested a 1" block in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered the 1 inch blocks with longer U bolts. Thank for the input. I will post another picture after they are installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck may sit differently because of the longbed, but I had a 2.5" front and a 1.5" rear kit installed. I also thought mine was a bit too nose-high so I went with a 1.5" kit in the front and it turned out OK. Perhaps in the standard beds, the factory 'rake' is less? (Still on stock Radial T/A's soon to be replaced ) BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
6 Posts
P.s.--I'm going with the KO2's, ASAP, but I'm not sure whether to stick with the stock 70r or move up to 75's . I think with the added 1.5" lift, I should have more than enough room for the taller tires? Any thoughts appreciated!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts