Tekonsha P2 trailer brake controller.
Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio.
DIY fuse/relay accessory panel.
DIY accessory switch box.
RAM cell phone and iPad mount.
LED interior lighting.

Exterior:
Comet CA-2X4RS Dual Band Antenna.
Installed black 4X4 emblems on front doors.
Plasti Dip FRONTIER emblem on tailgate.
Removed SV 4X4 chrome emblems on tailgate.

Drivetrain:
Automatic Trans.
M226 locking-diff rear axle swap(3.36 gearing).

Suspension:
PRG Advanced Radflow 2.0 Coilovers 650Lb. springs.
SPC UCS's.
Extended Bilstien 5125 rear shocks.
Deaver 2-leaf AAL rear spings
Nissan OEM LCA Cam Bolts.
Front sway-bar delete.

Tires:
Mastercraft Courser CXT LT255/85-R16.
Ultra Crusher 195 wheels(16X8).

Armor:
ShrockWorks front winch-bumper, with center hoop and headlight guards.(← installing soon). 4Xinovation Rock Sliders. (← installing soon)

Performance:
Stock V6

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! Putting a box in the bed are we?
That box came out of the truck I traded. It's about 1-1/2" too wide to fit between the inner fenders of the SV. I'd like to either find a box that will fit, or resort to modifying that one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Installed this afternoon.
Front facing traffic camera w/GPS.

Rear facing traffic camera.

Installed yesterday. Max Liner floor mats.

Installed today. P3 (edit, P2) trailer brake controller.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SPC UCA's and Ball Joints arrived yesterday.
Once the coil-overs arrive, I'll be able to begin the lift.

I began making a auxiliary fuse and relay panel yesterday afternoon.
I started with a 12" x 12" x 1/8" section of ABS. I cut it to fit just above the driver's side left foot kick panel. I'll add pics as it progresses.

It will have five 30/40 amp relays(there will be room on this panel for future circuits). A 50 amp relay will also be installed, for a power-hungry circuit.
The terminal block pictured here, which is a 25 amp, will be replace with a 50 amp.
The fuse block is a 12-way.

Links below to items used.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
With the extra section of ABS used for the fuse & relay panel, I installed the 100 amp breaker and relay to supply the power.

I used 1/2" (1/4" hole) bushings to elevate the ABS onto the rear factory power distribution board cover.

Here is the finished product.

I'll run the wiring to it; and to the fuse & relay panel inside the cab some time this week.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found time today to do a bit more on my truck.

I installed a stiffener(1/2"x1/2" aluminum angle) on the back side of the ABS relay & fuse board. I used speed-nuts to secure the relays. The screw ends will be deburred as not to poke anything above the kick-panel.

I completed the wiring from the fuse block to the relays.
The Blue wires are to supply voltage to the accessories(lights, etc..).
The White wires are not used, so I tucked & zip-tied them over the top of the relays.
The White terminal bar is 50 AMP Max. When I was a working guy, we used these on Mobile Crane electronics, so I know they hold up well.

I also had time to fab up a panel for the accessory switches. This will be located on the drivers side of the center console. Hopefully I'll get this completed tomorrow. I cut and bent the diamond plate; and it will be finished with a Black bed-liner spray. I should have room to install a couple power supplies at the leading edge.

It began raining here about 5:30 PM, so I had to quit working. I'm in my shop cooling off with refreshments from my mini fridge.

More to come.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Despite the high temp and high humidity, I installed the Midland GMRS radio today.
I mounted it on the passenger's side of the center console. It's fed by the 12 volt socket inside the rear of the console storage.
I need to find a good place to mount the mic hook.

I also mounted the fuse/relay panel above the driver's side kick panel. It's not complete as of yet. I need to install the proper fuses in the fuse block for the correct circuit. It has four 30/40 amp relays and one 50 amp relay.

I also mounted the aux. switches on the driver's side of the center console.

I installed 4 aux. switches and 2 guarded switches. One of the guarded switch will feed the 100 AMP relay in the engine bay. This will be used to energize the relay, when the Ign. switch is in the OFF position.

It was nearing 3:30 PM when I decided it was BEER:30.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 10 ga. wiring and eyelets(to run from the battery-to-100 amp breaker, to 100 amp relay, to the fuse/breaker panel), showed up later today. I had already indulged in a couple cold ones, so I decided to take it easy for the rest of the evening.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I relocated the GMRS antenna, from the hood to the bed of the truck.
I went to the local hardware store and picked up a couple uni-strut nuts and stainless steel bolts. I had a galvanized angle deck plates, so I used it to make the mount.

After that, I made up and ran the power wires from the battery, to the 100 AMP Breaker and Relay, for the accessory circuit. I'm doing a little at a time. I need to buy a couple spools of 12 ga. wires for the energizing wires, from the Ignition circuit to the 100 amp relay.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I spoke to Duncan Mills today about a M226 locker w/3.36 complete rear axle assembly. Looks like he has one available.
My Frontier SV 4X4 is equipped with a C200k(3.36) rear axle assembles, and the M226(3.36) should be good with 33" tires.
If I order it Tuesday, I should receive it by the end of next week(fingers crossed).

I'm retired, so I'll have enough time to go through it, replace the seals and bearing, prior to the swap-out.

(y)
Duncan Mills

·
Registered
417 Posts
I spoke to Duncan Mills today about a M226 locker w/3.36 complete rear axle assembly. Looks like he has one available.
My Frontier SV 4X4 is equipped with a C200k(3.36) rear axle assembles, and the M226(3.36) should be good with 33" tires.
If I order it Tuesday, I should receive it by the end of next week(fingers crossed).

I'm retired, so I'll have enough time to go through it, replace the seals and bearing, prior to the swap-out.

(y)
Duncan Mills
What's it going to take to wire the e-locker up to the cab?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks like great work. I'm dreading wiring up my winch in the next few weeks. Also don't look forward to wiring auxiliary lighting.

Does the switch panel on the center console not bang up against your knee?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts