Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these trucks capable of running on E85? Mine is a 2015 P4X with the 4.0. My previous vehicle was a 2014 Mustang GT, and on that all that I needed to do was change to a larger injector, and change to a colder plug. This car was modded, but on the dyno I picked up around 8-10 hp to the wheels, of course mpg went down, then again I did not buy this truck for gas mileage. Any info?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have not heard of anyone trying E85 in their Frontier. Since you have already tried it in another vehicle you must be aware of the potential corrosion problems to fuel system components. Also if you have any warranty left that would be voided, at least for the fuel system. If you decide to try it let us know how it works out.

I suspect on this forum most of us would rather be using E0, as far as I know E85 isn't even available in this state.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
This past year E85 became available for the Frontier. Compare part numbers and you will find anything that touches the fuel has changed. Since you probably won't get your old ECM to understand the fuel sensor you will be stuck getting a tune for a fixed E85 percent. In short trying to convert to E85 will simply result in a butchered hack job and end up with worse results and costing a lot more then just buying a new truck that takes E85 as designed.

So your modified mustang gained 8-10 HP, with a Frontier expect half of that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This past year E85 became available for the Frontier. Compare part numbers and you will find anything that touches the fuel has changed. Since you probably won't get your old ECM to understand the fuel sensor you will be stuck getting a tune for a fixed E85 percent. In short trying to convert to E85 will simply result in a butchered hack job and end up with worse results and costing a lot more then just buying a new truck that takes E85 as designed.

So your modified mustang gained 8-10 HP, with a Frontier expect half of that.
OK the last post I made was from a 2011 owner's manual... however this still doesn't change that the Frontier is not designed to use E85. Below are snips from a 2016 owner's manual to reinforce the point.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I was so use to doing a mod, changing the parameters, then writing a new tune on the ford coyote motor. So going from that to my Nissan I am realizing I have quite a bit to learn about this truck. Also it takes awhile to get out of the more power mindset lol. Thank you for your info, you all, and this site are a HUGE help to noobs like myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.